Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well 5 of us from Michigan here went to our local dragway on Saturday night for an event; it was a good time. Unfortunately none of us made any runs down the track (nobody really wanted to pony up the dough to race AND THEN have to polish their dragging skills :p )

However, there was some craziness there: 2 SRT-4's that were running 11.8xx in the quarter. :eek: Holy shit, it was ridiculous. Then there was one of our little QC cousins on the track, piloted to a strong 17.3 IIRC. It was a fun time, just thought I'd say that SRT's are getting WAY too fast.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Well 5 of us from Michigan here went to our local dragway on Saturday night for an event; it was a good time. Unfortunately none of us made any runs down the track (nobody really wanted to pony up the dough to race AND THEN have to polish their dragging skills :p )

However, there was some craziness there: 2 SRT-4's that were running 11.8xx in the quarter. :eek: Holy shit, it was ridiculous. Then there was one of our little QC cousins on the track, piloted to a strong 17.3 IIRC. It was a fun time, just thought I'd say that SRT's are getting WAY too fast.

Someone should have announced the event, I would have gone.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WE DID! It was in the general forum under "Another SE Michigan Meet"! I suppose we could've tried to PM you :( Sorry buddy. We should be having one next month, if I remember correctly, I know Dave and Papa said something about that.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
WE DID! It was in the general forum under "Another SE Michigan Meet"! I suppose we could've tried to PM you :( Sorry buddy. We should be having one next month, if I remember correctly, I know Dave and Papa said something about that.
There isn't another drag day at Milan until July, in June they are doing a drifting race in Clio I think the announcer said.

Dazed I didn't know you were from Michigan, I'll make sure you see the next thread for the next meet though.

Here is the last one http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2405

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Wow, I totally missed it. I have a very unpredictable work schedule so if I can ever make it, it would be last minute. Sounded like fun though.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No runs? That sucks. Sounds like a good time though. If I was to set something up in a couple of weeks at laper dragway who would be intrested in going, and running?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gm3saturn said:
No runs? That sucks. Sounds like a good time though. If I was to set something up in a couple of weeks at laper dragway who would be intrested in going, and running?
Where and when? Because I'd certainly be interested.

·
Registered
535 Posts
When, about 3 weeks (I'll let you know for sure in a couple of days). Where, lappeer dragway, about 20 minutes out side of flint. Its well worth the drive. Its a pritty small track so it wont get to crowded. I got 14 runns in from noon to about 4:00 with a brake between each 3 races. I got to run everything from a 10 sec mustang to a 17 sec focus. Its good times. I'll start anouther thread later with a date, time, meeting place, prices, ect...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn't get too many pictures of the races; my digi was dying, so I left it in my car, plus I didn't want to lose it. However, I'll definitely be down for the jaunt up to Lapeer, I didn't know there was even a track up there. It's definitely closer to ME than Milan; the rest of the Oakland-Macomb guys may be about the same distance. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry I didn't make it. I don't have internet access right now so I use my parents whenever I'm there. I live not to far from Milan so I would have been there.

Also saw a Blue Redline in woodhaven at the credit union on Allen Rd.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts