Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 redline and it isn't throwing any codes. Some times while under load you can just feel a misfire but other times i am getting thrown around due to it jerking/bucking around so much. I put brand new iridium plugs and boots with connectors. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
plugs

I put iridium plugs in there already. I figured out the guy who had it before me put copper in there so theplugs are new

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
If it had copper plugs then car is most likely tuned and has after market parts. So please go buy some ngk 4644 at napa. Going to cost 13 bucks. Do not gap. Hopefully this will fit the problem.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
if it has the LS4 TB then the jerking will be exacerbated by that the LS4's incredible sensitivity. Copper plugs are mad cheap, did you check the gap on the iridiums you installed? I've installed them on a myriad of platforms and always check any plug before I install, I've had iridium plugs be off from one another by .05-.07" between each plug! I've yet to have a copper off by more than .01".

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
How long has it been doing it? Mods?
Usually misfiring will set a flashing cel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys, I know I am reviving a very old post here. Maybe you want to know what happened, maybe not. It actually ended up being a cam position sensor. Took forever to pop a code, never through a cel. I unplugged it for a while (it was winter months in NY and I was new there due to the military so i wasn't going out more than needed) and the bucking went away. I went ahead and replaced it a month or so later. Never had anymore issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts