Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

Premium Member
You stated that you are new to the redline and we don' t know that much about whether

you have modifications or is everything stock?

just curious how many miles on your redline?

In my experience the TB if working while dirty, does not signficantly reduce the power. After a cleaning, the throttle response does seem better and rpms work better. Idle rpms are improved and the "bounce" is reduced.
The process is a little smoother which probably helps the combustion. They should dyno test the before and after to see if power is improved - most likely it is but it's probably trivial.

The mechanical movement of the TB could be restrictive and a new one would be definitely benefical.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You stated that you are new to the redline and we don' t know that much about whether

you have modifications or is everything stock?

just curious how many miles on your redline?

In my experience the TB if working while dirty, does not signficantly reduce the power. After a cleaning, the throttle response does seem better and rpms work better. Idle rpms are improved and the "bounce" is reduced.
The process is a little smoother which probably helps the combustion. They should dyno test the before and after to see if power is improved - most likely it is but it's probably trivial.

The mechanical movement of the TB could be restrictive and a new one would be definitely benefical.
Everything is stock besides an intake, but like stated as before, i got a new throttle body to see if it helps the issue, if not then ill be stumped again.

Premium Member
Everything is stock besides an intake, but like stated as before, i got a new throttle body to see if it helps the issue, if not then ill be stumped again.

thats cool lets see what happens with the new one

I was thinking of getting a new one just to have a "better" TB but they are a little pricey for the OEM

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
thats cool lets see what happens with the new one

I was thinking of getting a new one just to have a "better" TB but they are a little pricey for the OEM
After replacing the throttle body and o2 sensors, the car runs like a dream now! the upstream o2 was completely done for, should have seen it when pulled.

Premium Member
Good to hear the SC and TB are back

Just curious did the misfire code go away? May need sometime to see , i quess

21 - 25 of 25 Posts