Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, afetr counting my blessings that I had had no mechanical problems with this car, today i noticed something. The car a couple times today seemed to be missing, or starving for fuel. The first time was just sitting at a stop, then a couple more times in turns, under acceleration, it would feel like it was missing a cylinder.

Any Ideas? I'm about to go and look under the hood for things loose, but this may just be another thing to mention when I go in this week for the cam position sensor seal.

Thanks, Kirt

·
Registered
54 Posts
my car do have a rough idle when hot , did that before cam sens recall and reflash and still do it after.
Had no ideas wtf but feel like sometimes causing missfire or smt like that.
After the reflash the hesitation i felt when shifting is a lot better, same with the gaz consomation but worst when cold.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I've had that happen, but mostly when I cold start the engine and the revs jump then try to idle out but end up dipping to about 500-600 RPM. Doesn't do it any more, I think mostly because it's been warmer out.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i've had the cold start issue, but this car has 8000 miles on it and had never done this before. plus the motor was warm. I had been driving for a half hour already. Strange. It relly felt like a fuel delivery problem. I have the battery unplugged right now to see if there is something programming wise. I still have not had the reflash done but will request it this week.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking around, it sounds like thismay be realted to the cam position sensor. I've got a list of things to check when i bring it in tomorrow.

So far,

The cylinder missing
Cam Position Sensor
Trunk Lid scratching bumper
ECU Update
Intercooler water pump wiring
Bad wear on the front Rotors.

Anything else I should think of, feel free to let me know.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Was this a new tank of gas?

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Do yourself a favor
Buy yourself a new set of spark plugs and slam em in
Your misfire problem will most likely be fixed
You probably wont be able to get them to do this under warranty as the plugs are supposed to be good for 100K. But all of the rich running prior to the ECM recalibration fouls them out and they dont seem to want to "burn" off so...

Certainly you could have something else wrong but unless your check engine light came on, I doubt they would find anything concrete. (And probably wouldnt even pull the plugs to look at the burn) At 8K I doubt your cam sensor's out of time or you would have had a lot of problems up until now
So...put some new plugs in ... works for me

JMO
WOT

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I don't know if it's the cam sensor myself; the reflash, possibly, but not the cam sensor seal. Trust me, I know - when my seal went it equalled 5 quarts of oil in 3 days spilling out of my engine :( But good luck getting it fixed, I'd try the spark plug thing myself, just pull 'em and at least look at 'em

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Funny, I thought about that last night, that it might be the plugs being fouled. And yeah, I thought it might be runnig rich. I was getting some backfire when letting off at higher RPM, which was cool in my sportbike days, because you were using all that fuel at 12,000+ rpm, but not in this car. Thanks for the replies.

Now if I could just figure out what time the dealer opens for the ECU and seal "recall".

Thanks again, Kirt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts