Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I have an 06 with stage 3, ZZP CAI, LS4 TB. I’ve been having drivability issues under load. The car jerks harshly if you put any medium to heavy load on it. Feels like multiple misfires. Compression and leak down test all come back normal. Before the TB and tune were installed, my Wideband ripped out on a garbage road(you MI guys know what I’m talking about) abs I welded a new pipe and plugged off the sensor hole. So the car hasn’t had a wideband for a long time, could this cause the concern? Or should I be looking else?

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
Sounds more like a spark issue. I'd start with plugs and coils

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey guys, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. I have an 06 with stage 3, ZZP CAI, LS4 TB. I’ve been having drivability issues under load. The car jerks harshly if you put any medium to heavy load on it. Feels like multiple misfires. Compression and leak down test all come back normal. Before the TB and tune were installed, my Wideband ripped out on a garbage road(you MI guys know what I’m talking about) abs I welded a new pipe and plugged off the sensor hole. So the car hasn’t had a wideband for a long time, could this cause the concern? Or should I be looking else?
Checked both.

·
Super Moderator
1,557 Posts
So this started after the tune?
Plugs tapped correctly?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Definitely sounds like spark plugs to me.. plugs are cheap, wouldn't hurt to change them out. I use to have to change mine every 6 months or so with how rich mine ran.... could also be the tune on the TB change. The LS4 is very sensitive . Also make sure the TB is super clean. The smallest amount of dirt on the TB can cause big issues

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Definitely sounds like spark plugs to me.. plugs are cheap, wouldn't hurt to change them out. I use to have to change mine every 6 months or so with how rich mine ran.... could also be the tune on the TB change. The LS4 is very sensitive . Also make sure the TB is super clean. The smallest amount of dirt on the TB can cause big issues
Any recommendations for plug heat range?

·
Registered
72 Posts
One step closer than stock. The NGK bkr7e (4644)

There is a good guide on this forum labeled "spark plug reference" that someone wrote back in 2006.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts