Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my short shifter from the brown truck yesterday. This is the first pic on the internet of it, since the seller doesn't have an official pic of it. Check it out.

this mod along with my ecotec lightweight crank pulley will be going in tomorrow, with help from coppertop (most of you will know him as the guy with the crazy 2000 Saturn SL, split hood, rear X-brace, etc.).

For a pic of the crank pulley, please go to my cardomain page. http://members.cardomain.com/saturnd00ds_ion3 and click on page 3 performance mods.

I will update everyone once the mods are in. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Does anyone know if the pivot point is changed or is the shifter just a shorter shaft? I know the short throw shifter and stiffer motor mounts totally changed the feel of my SVT Focus, hopefully it tightens up the RL.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no, redlines already have a short shifter stock. I don't have a redline, I have a regular ION sedan with the F23 tranny (redlines have the F25 Getrag's). This is a true short shifter, not simply a chopped deal. Trust me, the regular ION's shifter assembly is powdercoated black and is ugly as sin (does the job I guess) whereas, this one, as you can see, is shiny and blingy...(if that can be considered a word for a moment).

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
the regular ions have the getrag, the redline has the F35 from the SAABs, including the shift knob

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a picture of when I put on my MOMO shifter so long ago...

And here it is now, but sorry I forgot to take it out of 3rd for this pic.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i wonder if the redlines could use this? if there a way you can get a piece of cardboard and hold it steady then mark in 3rd and in 4th to get the throw distance so we can compare it to the redines, also with the neutral throw, from 1st to 5th so we got an all around distance. (Note I also need the height of your shifter, so i can get an accurate reading with ours, since that one appears to be shorter)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Blackline: This one is definitely shorter, but I've driven a redline and I love the stock short shifter on it now. I can tell you right now, this piece will not work with the redline, but try searching for F25 short shifters from the Opel Astras in Europe. Maybe there is a comparable one out there for those cars that you guys can use?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts