Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would think that, by 2005, we would have some sort of semi-standard mobile phone holder built in... But...

What solution(s) have you come up with?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
nice spooner, i prob would have never found it either but my mom had in ion 4 door and i found it in that one, i want to mount a cell phone charger in that thing to the left of the wheel on the dash mine also fits perfect there

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Sp00ner said:
The door pocket works good! I think that lil pocket to the left of the steering wheel is meant for one. Mine fits perfect in there. On another note, did everyone find the little storage spot under the steering wheel? It's more of a cubby hole, but I didn't know it was there for 2 weeks! :D

LOL!

Yeah, I just found that one under the steering wheel Sunday when I was Armoralling the interior. :)

And yes, I think the one to the left of the wheel is meant for a cell phone.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
The factory designed it to hold two full 9mm magazines, but not the gun too! Maybe the Cobalt will improve on this!!! :D

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have the new nextel it fits perfect in there I put it on speaker phone all the time and it works great I hear people fine and they here me great to. Another thing is I was talkin to my cousin once and I went around a car and my cousin just was like DAMN that supercharger sounds sooooo bad I was like you heard it hes like oh yea and the shift to LoL. Cell Phone holder = perfect show off for supercharger whine!

·
Registered
187 Posts
i use that cubby just left of the steering wheel also, i dont see why it would be there for anything else..

on another note with all the problems with driving while talking, i dont think auto companies are going to make cell phone stands or units in cars, thats like encouraging cell phone use.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Car companies just follow trends to make the consumer happy.

When smoking was popular, every car came with a cigarette lighter and plenty of ashtrays. Now that smoking is grossly unpopular, you have to pay extra to get a "smoker's package" in many cars. (even my '99 SC1 had a removable ashtray that fit in a cupholder).

Recent studies have shown that people talking on the phone whilst driving are worse than drunk drivers. However, it's perfectly okay for a soccer mom to pull her enormous SUV into a busy intersection with a phone plastered to her ear. But God forbid she be sipping a pint!

Besides, mounting my phone any place but my ear is good :)

(I'm actually just a big wuss afraid of scratching my precious phone on my seatbelt) :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts