Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard anything about a working mod chip for our little engine? ive seen some supposed 20 hp gains but who knows if these chips are for real any insite?

·
Registered
355 Posts
No there is nothing yet. Hopefully withing 4-6 months.

Shawn

·
Banned
177 Posts
It's a EEPROM computer and saturns have been since '91.
It will be a re-flash of the PCM if anything to make more power.
Look for a puck/scanner type of unit to do the job or software and interface cable.

·
Registered
355 Posts
my bad wasn't reading to well.lol Yes there is no "chipping" this car. It will just be flashed.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ..can u explain what flash is and how i go a about purchase/install??

btw nice ss dood i got a white 2001 ss also gorgeous cars

·
Registered
293 Posts
Steviepc7 said:
thanks ..can u explain what flash is and how i go a about purchase/install??

btw nice ss dood i got a white 2001 ss also gorgeous cars
EEPROM or Flash ROM are two types of "non-volatile" computer memory. Non-volatile means that if power is lost, the information will still be there. Basically, they are programmable chips that are hard-wired into the computer. Superchips and DiabloSport both make programmers for cars that are plugged into the car's computer diagnostics port (OBD-II). They interface with the computer and re-write the Flash ROM with the push of a few buttons. There isn't anything like this available for the Redline yet, but like SCdyne said, it's in the works.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
id love to have a cable to go from obd2 to a laptop for all my tuning needs. A buddy of mine has autotap but no software to support our cars yet. It would be nice to allow more boost or hell even less boost for highway travels or in city so you can set it to superlow and allow the car to get ecotec milage. Thats what I want though. Some people like that you plug it in and it does the work. Screw that I want to mess it up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts