Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this posted before but i wanted to see what responses people have had... On the Supercharged Mustangs their using a similar but larger S/C. We've played around with bleeding off the vacum line to the Solenoid sensor itself allowing it to think it may only be seeing the 12 lb limit but perhaps allowing it to reach 14-15lbs? Any one have some light to shed on this. Unfortunately i'm learning more about the S/C end of the world while being a T/C fan. I have a co-worker whom I've been helping out, and i must Admit my Saturn Knowledge is limited.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Search for it, its not that easy... there are quite a few posts about people's attempts...

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
first the car limits the boost. The few of us who have boost gauges can see that. At 12 psi at 4500 rpms is max boost. Removing that alone will allow 14.5 psi. That isnt as easy as its made out to be though. Next a smaller pulley becuase of the computer will only let us boot to that pressure faster still max of 12. Porting i cant see will help at all. hte tolerances are so perfect on this porting will only ruin the factorys great job of the supercharger.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got a question. I know we are limited to 12 psi but if you were to add a slightly smaller pulley wont that get you to 12 psi faster thus rasing your torque band over all.

·
Registered
296 Posts
gm3saturn said:
I got a question. I know we are limited to 12 psi but if you were to add a slightly smaller pulley wont that get you to 12 psi faster thus rasing your torque band over all.
Yes it will... how much needs to be tested and measured.

·
Registered
30 Posts
when they port the blower they port the outlet witch would basicly be the mating surface they don't remove that much material they more work on the angles and it helps inprove the thermal efficency witch is whare all eaton blowers are suffering.

I would like to see a scan from sombodys car since nobody has tryed a smaller pully that has a boost guage nobody can verify a boost increase or fuling issues with a smaller pully, from what I have herd on here this motor has 36lb injectors witch should be more than sufficent with much smaller pullys

brett

·
Registered
535 Posts
I was talking to some guy last weekend who dyno tuned his RL to 241 WHP. He showed me his print out which said he was running rich when he was stock (not 100% sure what the ratio was). His total mods are CAI, muffler, and reflash which has him at 241 WHP. Has anyone else actually pluged in their RL to find the actuall A/F ratio?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Psi-Fi said they needed bigger injectors with the size of the pulley they are going with. There kit is going to include all of the necassary equipment.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Reflash is advailable?? Where?

:confused:

Also

ArrivalBlueSS said:
You can toss a 77.9 mm pulley on the LSJ and a cat back with ZERO fuel mods. It's in the ecotec build book :) Thats how the Grand AM Cobalt SS/SC is setup.

Grand AM Colbalt?

Dont you mean the Grand Am by Pontiac. Which they produce a SC model.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
You can toss a 77.9 mm pulley on the LSJ and a cat back with ZERO fuel mods. It's in the ecotec build book :) Thats how the Grand AM Cobalt SS/SC is setup.
What the hell does that convert to in inches? Damn Metric...

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
riz906 said:

Also

Grand AM Colbalt?

Dont you mean the Grand Am by Pontiac. Which they produce a SC model.
I beleive the Grand AM is also a race, so I think he is talking about a Cobalt SS set up to race in the Grand AM series.

·
Registered
535 Posts
riz906 said:

So was I. The guy owns his own shop in SE MI and he works with GM as a repair shop for most of there local dealers. Thats about all he would give up...*******. Normally I wouldnt fall for it until I saw his dyno print out. 241 WHP and I was staring at his car when I saw it. His only visible mod was CAI and a muffler. With 241 whp it had to be a reflash. Im hoping to run into him either this friday or next in hopes of getting more info for the local RLs who are intrested. Im not getting it personaly, Im waiting for the psi-fi kit :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
gm3saturn said:
So was I. The guy owns his own shop in SE MI and he works with GM as a repair shop for most of there local dealers. Thats about all he would give up...*******. Normally I wouldnt fall for it until I saw his dyno print out. 241 WHP and I was staring at his car when I saw it. His only visible mod was CAI and a muffler. With 241 whp it had to be a reflash. Im hoping to run into him either this friday or next in hopes of getting more info for the local RLs who are intrested. Im not getting it personaly, Im waiting for the psi-fi kit :D
I'd be intrested in finding out about what he did because I think my car runs really rich. I've never hooked it up to check the actual ratio but when I was driving next to jpapa he said he saw a cloud of black smoke come out of my tail pipe when I downshifted.

·
Registered
674 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
That is in the handbook but it dose not say anywhere that there are no accompanying mods to be done to the fuel system but it dose not say they had to make any either. It's kind of vauge if you go by the handbook.

On a side note, I sent an e-mail to Corsa (they build the exhaust on the Grand Am Cup car) to se if they are going to produce an exhaust for our cars. I have not heard back yet but will pass it on when I find out.

·
Banned
572 Posts
max_boost said:
I'd be intrested in finding out about what he did because I think my car runs really rich. I've never hooked it up to check the actual ratio but when I was driving next to jpapa he said he saw a cloud of black smoke come out of my tail pipe when I downshifted.
mine dose the same shit thats why i want to get a af controller.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
You guys do know that supercharged and turbo cars are SUPPOSED to run a bit rich right? I was looking at a chart of a 90's 5.0 Mustang that never got more than an 11:1 ratio, yet made just under 700hp with a blower. Now I'm not saying that our cars aren't running too rich, but there dosen't seem to be a set standard... Honda's run INCREDIBLY lean...

·
Registered
411 Posts
77.9 mm is like 3.06 inches. The Corsa exhaust also has no CAT, so I don't think it would work on a street car.

Grand Am is Grand America Cup. It's a racing series and I think there are 3 or 4 Cobalt SS/SC running in it. It's mostly all stock car. I have heard through an unoffical channel there was no fuel mods needed for the 77.9 mm pulley however, thats not written in stone, just a rumor.

I am thinking of trying it. Once someone comes out with a CAT back system for the SS/SC I think I will step up.

·
Registered
674 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
Grand Am is Grand America Cup. It's a racing series and I think there are 3 or 4 Cobalt SS/SC running in it. It's mostly all stock car. I have heard through an unoffical channel there was no fuel mods needed for the 77.9 mm pulley however, thats not written in stone, just a rumor.
I sent a few people at GM Racing e-mails on this, hopefully they get back me on what the scoope is on the pullies and any other changes.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts