Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was bored with the factory colored wheels on My Vue RL, so I decide to perform a little project last weekend. It was plasti diptastic

and....

·
Registered
579 Posts
I actually hate the color gold but that is so clean, it looks perfect. As if it is from factory. Mad props D:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah I think putting the black down first causes the gold to turn out that way, but I actually like that. I wasn't or didn't want actual bright gold as that looks too gangsta for me. And just applying the gold metalizer without a base coat, I had no idea how that would turn out on an aluminum wheel. The emblems turned out a little more gold than the wheels, but overall I'm happy with the results. It's pretty fun stuff to work with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did about 4 coats of matte black first (about 3 cans) and 3 coats of gold metalizer (2 cans). I did not clear over it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
How do you remove letters? Do you really just pull it off? I'd like mine black . . . . D:

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basically that is all you do, but enclosed letter like"D" I used a tooth pick to lift the dip and then pulled it out

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Toyota camry????? That is an insult, jk man. I understand though, a lot of people think it's gangsta, boy racerish, but I personally think it looks pretty bad a$$. I don't get how making wheels gold puts me as a young punk kid, but I guess that's how some people perceive it. The colors to me work really well together.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts