Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you might know South Florida Pulley HQ puts out interchangeable pulleys for our M62s. I'm very interested in the 2.8', which adds 6 lbs of boost, a 50% increase. I'm estimating over 20 hp increase, am I nuts? Has anyone gone through with the install, including reprog and new plugs? If so hit this thread up with your experiences. Any comments welcome also.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
that pulley would make 20+ psi on a good day or any day with water injection. That would be putting a huge strain on the supercharger though.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Liljon said:
As you might know South Florida Pulley HQ puts out interchangeable pulleys for our M62s. I'm very interested in the 2.8', which adds 6 lbs of boost, a 50% increase. I'm estimating over 20 hp increase, am I nuts? Has anyone gone through with the install, including reprog and new plugs? If so hit this thread up with your experiences. Any comments welcome also.
Muhahahahaha... the pulley swap.... you CANNOT drop down that much. You'll burn up the blower quick. 14,000 rpm max. I'm pretty sure that pulley will be above that limit. Plus, you have to establish how to get around the boost limit that the car imposes, or you will simply make the same boost sooner.

You also most likely do not have enough room in the fuel injectors to go up that much at all, and I'm not sure that the computer can read above 15psi in boost.

This has been covered pretty extensively, so check our past threads around here.. we're just starting to do these swaps ourselves, but not nearly that much of a drop in size.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Muhahahahaha... the pulley swap.... you CANNOT drop down that much. You'll burn up the blower quick. 14,000 rpm max. I'm pretty sure that pulley will be above that limit. Plus, you have to establish how to get around the boost limit that the car imposes, or you will simply make the same boost sooner.

You also most likely do not have enough room in the fuel injectors to go up that much at all, and I'm not sure that the computer can read above 15psi in boost.

This has been covered pretty extensively, so check our past threads around here.. we're just starting to do these swaps ourselves, but not nearly that much of a drop in size.
It will not burn the blower out. Eatons all work the same. With the grand prix we go from 3.8" pulles down to 2.45 pulleys which we have to machine the snout to use. Without a bigger IC or water injection it just turns to a big heat pump. You'll blow your motor before you'll wreck that blower.

The two things that normally go bad is the stock coupler in the blower which you can replace with a aftermarket one which will solve that issue bearings sometimes go bad but very rarely.

As long as you guys fix your psi limiter you should be able to go to a 3.0 to 2.8 pulley with water injection with no problem with a few additional flow mods and colder plugs.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What's the blower spinning at with that small of a pulley, or are you implying that the that 14,000 rpm is a guideline rather than a limit?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
what about eatons max RPM posted?

what RPMs are you seeing the m90 being spun at?

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Sp00ner said:
and I'm not sure that the computer can read above 15psi in boost.
I can pretty much guarantee that it can't, I am hitting 15 psi sometimes with the water injection and the car throws a fit.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
clownhair said:
I can pretty much guarantee that it can't, I am hitting 15 psi sometimes with the water injection and the car throws a fit.
with the new pulley, correct?

don't we just need a different MAP?

i guess the computer might not be programmed to handle it though...

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Vita said:
with the new pulley, correct?

don't we just need a different MAP?

i guess the computer might not be programmed to handle it though...
yeah with the smaller pulley, and we do need new maps but we need some computer interference to tell it that its different. I hope something comes along soon. :(

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
clownhair said:
yeah with the smaller pulley, and we do need new maps but we need some computer interference to tell it that its different. I hope something comes along soon. :(
that's exactly why i want PSI's kit (as long as we can go further from there) and use the DUB system with it for some crazy power

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Vita said:
that's exactly why i want PSI's kit (as long as we can go further from there) and use the DUB system with it for some crazy power
I am definately anxious for something. With my turbo focus I had this sweet chip and chip burner from SCT that allowed me to make changes to the stock ECU program. It was awesome and I wish we had something like it for our cars.

On a sidenote I mailed your controller today. They only had one padded envelope left and it was HUGE but it should be to you on Mon or Tue.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
clownhair said:
I am definately anxious for something. With my turbo focus I had this sweet chip and chip burner from SCT that allowed me to make changes to the stock ECU program. It was awesome and I wish we had something like it for our cars.

On a sidenote I mailed your controller today. They only had one padded envelope left and it was HUGE but it should be to you on Mon or Tue.
that sounds like a good mod, wish we had something like that.

thanks for getting it out! can't wait to hook 'er up!

·
Registered
74 Posts
http://www.ontronic.ch/

check this shit out

I don't even know if we could use this for our cars, but I would love to be able to do to my car what this thing can

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thats nice anyone have any insight on if this will work with our "whips"

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
the system that PsiFi is going to supply us with has all those options. If im correct it has 144 maps to adjust fuel/spark if our cars will allow it. And its expandable so we can make it control NOS and such.

·
Registered
629 Posts
wow maps go to map quest and down load how to get there.>?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts