Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my lift open and I looked at the motor mounts i think i can start fabrication of the prototype by the end of next week. i would like to kow how many people may be interested if i start making them otherwise i will just make them for my cars.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm assuming that most, if not all people, would like some. It's been brought up many times, but no one has got any to the market.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do alot of fab type of work and my lift has been in use on other project so hopefully now that i am caught up i can make this a reality

·
Registered
391 Posts
i know our upper mount looks just like a cavy or sunfire, rksport sells a real nice upper for them, as for the lower im clueless... the lower for a cavy looks like a dogbone you may have to measure and call them to see if it works.

·
Registered
391 Posts
oh and sinister what lowering springs did you use looks really low compaired to sprints.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sprint 3" and they suck for ride

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BlackLine said:
i know our upper mount looks just like a cavy or sunfire, rksport sells a real nice upper for them, as for the lower im clueless... the lower for a cavy looks like a dogbone you may have to measure and call them to see if it works.
the uppers do look really similar, I have a freind that has the rks upper mount and we will try to see if they will swap. If they do thats one less I have to make but the lowers look totaly different. They only have one bushing in each one and its a cast steel piece on the front mount. The rear is on a pedestal above the rack but it looks pretty simple.

·
Registered
391 Posts
hummm, i didnt know sprint made a 3" i think mine are like 1.8 or 2. but i just did the intercooler plug swap and yes the front mount is totally different its got two bolts on the engine instead of a through bolt with a bushing around it. also look into the tranny mount in the rear.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BlackLine said:
hummm, i didnt know sprint made a 3" i think mine are like 1.8 or 2. but i just did the intercooler plug swap and yes the front mount is totally different its got two bolts on the engine instead of a through bolt with a bushing around it. also look into the tranny mount in the rear.
They make both 1.8" and 3".

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
im interested in the mounts.......i dont wanna be dick, but id prefer not being a test animal for it, if u know what i mean. id like to make sure they're good quality and work well before i buy em, but im all for em if they are!

·
Registered
4,556 Posts
the RKs upper mount is really well made, i had it on my 02 cavalier, as far as the dogbone lower, prothane actuallty makes it, and RK markets it as there own, as far as i can tell the upper is truly there design.

keith-

·
Registered
391 Posts
is there a way to can test if, if you still have the old one?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Heh I would of got the 3" if I knew they were made, I have the 1.8 but then again I think about it and the 1.8" is perfect, specially for around this area.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
D3XXFR said:
Heh I would of got the 3" if I knew they were made, I have the 1.8 but then again I think about it and the 1.8" is perfect, specially for around this area.
Trust me the 1.8" rides ten times better.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
xtremesc2 said:
im interested in the mounts.......i dont wanna be dick, but id prefer not being a test animal for it, if u know what i mean. id like to make sure they're good quality and work well before i buy em, but im all for em if they are!
I would test them in my car before I would ever let someone use them but I do understand your concern.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If it helps I have bean doing metal fab work for over ten years, and I am a certified welder.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
it definitely does, i mean i appreciate ur understanding, i wouldnt think u would let others be guinea pigs. thanks man, im in once they're done.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts