Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's right folks, I'm moving in 3 weeks from Hartland, Michigan, BFE, to Port Charlotte Florida (it's about an hour south of Tampa). It's just for the summer but I figured I'd get a heads-up and see if anybody on here was from that area, and to let anybody who sees a red Redline on May 9 on I-75 anywhere between Ann Arbor and Atlanta.

·
Registered
754 Posts
You ought to have a great time in Florida.Have a safe trip and dont put your nose too far in the air....the redlines tend to make you do that. :D :D

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Myself and the Smith family are all about an hour notrh of where you are.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I'm from michigan too, but I am a sort of dual resident in Florida. I am headed down to Orlano Tmrw actually. I spend most of my time in Orlando and on the east coast between Daytona and Key West at which ever hotel will have me. Gotta Love this job.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goofy - so you say an hour north; tampa area? if so, sweet, if another place, still sweet. We've got some friends in Naples as well, so we'll be in that area when we're not working our tails off or writing our movie.

Dipolley - what do you do for a living that requires frequent trips to Florida? And where can I sign up?

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Dipolley - what do you do for a living that requires frequent trips to Florida? And where can I sign up?
I work for the Florida Highway Patrol and the Dept of Fish and Wildlife (AKA Florida DNR). My company is a contractor for M/A Com. We built the new state-wide radio system. I basically drive around the state in unmarked cop cars talking on a police radios all day to make sure they work. Sometimes we hook up computers and GPS to them. Tells us how the signal quality is and where we were every 20 seconds. We have to have 98% coverage of the entire state. So we have literally driven (or gotten an air boat or a quad) over every square mile of Florida. LITERALLY. It's kinda fun. New places everyday. Spent most of last summer in Volusia county and Daytona Beach. This summer is Miami and the Keys. I need to learn spanish.

I will be in Orlando and Daytona next week. Maybe Fort Lauderdale. After you move I will let you know if I will be out by you. We have a tower site near where you are moving.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I used to live in Ft. Myers...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts