Votes: 13 81.3%
  • HKS muffler

Votes: 2 12.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
sup all im in the market to buy a nice muffler to get custom fabricated from cat back with 3" inlet. Im looking for a good sounding muffler (i like popping ;) )
I was looking at 3 so far and i wanted to know which you think would look and sound good.

first is OBX greddy style muffler

magnaflow race series

Hks muffler

if i were to get th eHKS one i would get it bent like the subaru's have done i think that would look sharp!

magnaflow.com has a sound clip of the cobalt shows a pic i wish i could find that muffler!

tell me you opinions or send me in the right direction if you dont like any of these! ;) (no carbon fiber or titanium tip)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I got the magnaflow with a catback and I love it. Its crazy loud though. I like it but my nabors dont.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the magnaflow race muffler so my vote go to magnaflow. plus you can get them pretty cheap off of ebay i paid 108 shipped.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
I have dual magnaflows. Yeah me. Thats is why I picked magnaflow.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
the obx and greddy will be obnoxious as far as sound level goes and they will tend to have that "bees in a can type sound" i would out of these probably stick with the magnaflow or get a borla. the borla i think is what i will put on my redline stainless one of course.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
none of the above, go borla or dynamax

·
Registered
331 Posts
If i where to ever put high flow exhaust on a four banger, i would want it to as quiet and as muffled as possible, so borla is what i want?? I absolutly hate the weed eater with no muffler sound. I used to drive large and in charge v8's and laughed at ricers all day, i dont want to become one :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Magnaflow, Dynomax, and Borla all pretty much have the same design - straight thru flow with a perforated tube and ceramic fiber packing. So any of those 3 would be the best way to go. Magnaflow makes a good product for a somewhat inexpensive price. On a side note anyone want to buy a USED Edelbrock 304 Series 3" center in/ center out??? real cheap if your interested, PM me.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
ArrivalBlueSS said:
learn to resize pictures ok thanx
Thanks, that was helpfull. On another note, it was asked, but I don't think anyone has a sound clip of their aftermarket exhaust yet, and if they do, I haven't seen it on here. Anyone have one they want to/can put up?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts