Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok sorry that i havent posted the pics of the newest ones but i was unforunally able to even get close to get to do those. we had a very unhappy night saturday .................

we went out to get something to eat and we had a load of loundry going and while we were gone both of the hoses decided to burst and it caused a flood to happen .......... just so you can imagine, we have a 4000 sqft house, luts just say about half of it was in about 1 in of water and it also started flooding outside too. :( ...... anyways since the flood ocured it blew a circuit in the box, cut off all power, so when we arrived home i thought out puppy that we had with us just so happen to spill some water b4 we left. no it was flooded.
i saw it and tried the lights nothing. i had shoes on so i walked towards the laundry room and heard water, i ran in there and when i opened the door i got showered with burning hot water. :eek: so i was in the pitch black trying to figure how to turn the damn water off while getting burned and sooked. finally i got it off and i smelt something funny. it seemed like the dryer was really hot. so it took about an hr to clean up all the water off the floor and get everything under control.

after we were done we still smelt somthing funny. so my dad and i looked around and we felt the wall and it was really hot in a couple of spots. we looked down and it was were the wires were for one of the timers for 2 lights at the end of our drive way and the plugs that are on the fence posts for the xmas lights. ( we live on 10 acres). so we tell my mom and she just says to let it be and well have someone look at it tomarrow. (by this time it was like 10-11pm) so we finally buged her enough and had her feel the wall and she said go ahead and tear the wall open to see. when we opened the wall there was TONS of smoke pooring out. she yells OH SHIT and calles the local fire department, we mess with it just a littl bit more and you can see embers just settling in it and then all of a sudden enough o2 gets to it and woff, flames about 6-8 in's long just shooting out, i run to my car and grap the fire extinguisher and spray it out. so the fire people get there and rip about a 4 foot wide by 8 feet tall hole in the wall and a 6 foot wide by 4 feet long hole in the cealing to make sure it didnt spread.

damn that was one interesting night but if nothing like that happens again soon i should have it done here soon. sorry for the inconvience.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
what fun to have a short in the wall. Man I hope it didnt cause too much damage or do you think this is a big insurance claim?

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ins claim also it wasnt too bad just they say it was the washing machine (like 1 1/2 years old) that caused it from the water spraying or speaping into the wall and shoring out the wires hopefull here tonight they wont fix it so i can take pics and show yall. the laundry room isnt all that big but its a decent size, but damn ive never seen so much water in a house......................... also about ummm 5 yrs ago our frig with the ice and water disp. in the front leaked and cause 8000 in damage and ins covered it, so hopefully this which is like 1500 will be covered too. ......................... it was cool tho 15 firetrucks and 5 ambulances and 10 cops in 5 mins.

..... new record time :)

·
Registered
8,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See where we live is VERY well known for aaccidents happening. we have always had at least 2 ppl crash into our property each year and its always in the same spot. in the other side there has been 12 deaths and 2 in icu. so our place is well known by everyone in the fire po-po and ambl, div. we just tell them the name of the ranch and they know where we are and hurry b/c of all the shit thats happened and they know we aint playing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts