Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While on my normal every month drive back to IN I had the pleasure of running into the most unique car in Atlanta. From the rear it looked like an old Mach mustang but with the most extreme body kit and it had Boss 5.0 on the trunk lid and side where the GT emblem usually is at. As I drove past it, it was set up to be a two seater and the front looked just like the new 05 Mustangs. It was sweet looking red and sounded mean as hell. Oh yeah there were two fine looking women piloting this beast. Anyway, we just got out of Atlanta on I-75 and traffic began to thin out so the Mustang wanted to get away from this Altima that kept trying to bother them and with a loud rumble was gone!!!!!! Oh well I had just got a ticket on the GA FL border(87 in a 70) so what the hell got my ticket out the way lets run these dogs. The second I heard her slam that beast into a lower gear and romp it I threw my baby into 3rd and away we went. Mid way thru 4th I had caught the Mustang and by the time I was redlined going into 5th I was an 1/8th of a car length ahead, with the Altima no where to found! I guess they had enough cause she slowed down and turned off on the I-285 exit, but not without giving me a thumbs up and "what kinda car is that" look over. I have beaten older Mustang GT's and maybe she was holding back but like the cliche states "winning is winning no matter by how much". :D

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
If that was a real Boss Mustang, I'm not sure what to say. Those things were fast, not really sure where they rate now, they were also expensive. My buddy's dad had one in Florida as a mid-life crisis sorta thing. Never rode in it or anything, just remember looking up the stats and thinking, 'Don't race this car if you see it.'. I'm sure our resident Mustang boy will chime in on this one, he can tell us what they are/were like. I do remember that they were FAST, back in the day!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Sp00ner said:
If that was a real Boss Mustang, I'm not sure what to say. Those things were fast, not really sure where they rate now, they were also expensive. My buddy's dad had one in Florida as a mid-life crisis sorta thing. Never rode in it or anything, just remember looking up the stats and thinking, 'Don't race this car if you see it.'. I'm sure our resident Mustang boy will chime in on this one, he can tell us what they are/were like. I do remember that they were FAST, back in the day!

"Resident mustang boy" ??? LOL I am confused on what kind of car he is talking about cuz he said the front looked like an 05? I guess he is talking late 60's early 70s? I know they were quick for their day and prolly still quick period but i dont know as much about the older ones as i do from 79 to present.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hey, I don't see any other Mustang experts in here yet! Take it as a compliment, as much of one as you'll get from a bow-tie boy! ;) I thought he was talking about one of the newer ones, early 90's they had a Boss package for the Mustangs. I was a little confused about that as well, the front end description that is. My friend's father's was also red with (I think) white trim, and a pretty big BOSS stripe or lettering across some part of the car.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah i think from 96-98 they had a Boss Mustang. And they might had a few new edge mustangs. Closest thing i can think of that he is talking about is on their website for the 05 protype. http://www.teamshinoda.com/ I never heard of any in the early 90's. They had them late 60's and early 70's and i am pretty sure 96-98. Pretty much just Graphics..chin spoiler, fender flares different spoiler..mostly an appearance package. The fast ones were the rare boss cobras, they were supercharged. Rumors was they were gonna make a new boss in 04, like they did with the mach, but never happened. Rumors has it now in 06 There is gonna be a new shelby mustang. I know he is back to working with Ford now, i.e the new shelby cobra. I cant wait to see that mustang if it happens.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts