Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

My 14.35 Run

5K views 43 replies 25 participants last post by  Blue04RedLine 
#1 ·
#4 ·
The track was uber sticky that night. I should have givin it some more rpms on that launch. I probably would have ran a 14.1 or close to it...

#5 ·
SilverBulletRL said:
The track was uber sticky that night. I should have givin it some more rpms on that launch. I probably would have ran a 14.1 or close to it...
You know that you are getting close to the Skittles with these runs. Once we learn how to launch and drive these cars, those guys will have nothing AT ALL to say. Good job once again.

#10 ·
Shitty. Here's the slip.

R/T: .360
60': 2.304 (yuck)
330: 6.201
1/8: 9.368
MPH: 77.41
990: 12.003
1/4: 14.359
MPH: 98.69

#13 ·
I can't wait to go back and practice my launching!! It's so hard to launch this car for a 2.0 60' because the boost is instant!

#15 ·
GOOD JOB! it did seem like you took off a bit slow, but then again, you avoided the wheel hop so that's good. i can't wait to get out to the track this year, it'll be my first time in a manual going (i've only gone once before).

you should post your time into the sticky

#16 ·
Actually, I did this on Pirelli Nero MS tires. Stock size tho... I've found that the stock tires that come on a Red Line are not made for drag ;)

#17 ·
SilverBulletRL said:
Actually, I did this on Pirelli Nero MS tires. Stock size tho... I've found that the stock tires that come on a Red Line are not made for drag ;)
i need to go tearing up the streets to justify getting better tires to the wife then, mine still have some decent tread left though, so they'll stay. nice run though, very nice!

#18 ·
NICE timeslip! It's awesome seeing you guys getting closer to the 13's with minimal mods.

Hell, bring that 60' down to a 2.1 even and that's 13.9-14.0 second territory right there. You've got a 13 second car as it is: it's just that damn FWD launch holding you back.

#19 ·
Damn FWD... so much better traction in snow and wet, yet as soon as the pavement dries out, we're screwed... damn physics, weight transfer nonsense...

#23 ·
No weight reduction at all. I even had my 25lb backpack w/ all my work gear in the car too :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.