Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the autocross event at the autocross event at the Blacktop Nationals on 8/27/11.
Sorry, I could only upload to Facebook. My 'net connection crashes trying to upload to Youtube or Photobucket.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1903009668938&set=t.1652629025&type=2
I just did two runs. First run. 33.??. Not bad at all since I was a second faster than a WRX, an Evo 8, & others. You can hear in the video, though, that a (newer) Accord beat me by a second. Had understeer & staying in 2nd just proves that it's too high (I bogged at least once).

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1903035429582&set=t.1652629025&type=2
‎2nd run: 33.45. Best times while we were there were 27.xx & 28.xx by a couple of experienced C5 Vettes. After the vettes, a Scion Xb with unknown mods, if any, ran a 29.xx. Driver mod, FTW.

Used NOS during the event. This is how it works, right?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, pretty tight. There was a longer course but it was just outside of the other side of town & I was short on time.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Blue 04 FTW! For some reason it seems like I see more blue RL's out there on the twisty tracks...

TINY course, nice job...careful with that NOS, danger to manifold!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Blue 04 FTW! For some reason it seems like I see more blue RL's out there on the twisty tracks...

I see more blue, period. There are at least 3 that live close to me & others I've seen around town. The only other I've seen was red. I used to put sticky notes on parked RL's when I saw 'em but no one joined that I know of. I know one is driven by an older guy (well, older than me) & two others were chicks so that might be why.

Step back, I'm purgin' my NOS! BURRRP!

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
HAHAHA thats awesome, yes thats how you use NOS for sure.:hitit:

·
Registered
346 Posts
LMFAO. That reminds me of a thread I read on the CBR forums, a guy bought some "octane booster" straight out of the minit mart cooler and filled his CBR600RR with it. Couldn't figure out why his bike wouldn't start, lol.

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226570

·
Registered
123 Posts

I just bought a blue one... Furthermore, I bought a redline so I could get into twisty track racing... :redblob:

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
I HATE MIATAS.... Stupid cheap girl cars that tear an autox course up and make it its bitch...

·
Registered
9,397 Posts
They do good on the road course too, provided it's twisty enough.

Just can't keep up with them in the twisties, despite 2x the horsepower.

·
Registered
694 Posts

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Where is lime rock? That looks like it would be more than worth a roadtrip...

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
Now that is actually doable... I'll have to check that out.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
There's several around Chicago, if you're close enough.

Autobahn Country Club
Blackhawk Farms
Milwaukee Mile
etc

·
Registered
123 Posts
There's several around Chicago, if you're close enough.

Autobahn Country Club
Blackhawk Farms
Milwaukee Mile
etc
I plan on getting into some autox/road racing this summer, I'm located in Milwaukee, if you wanted some company or a group to go with let me know if you get anything going... I'm currently looking into the Miller Park Autox

1 - 20 of 31 Posts