Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

Just thought I'd stop by, I didn't see a new member intro section so I decided, meh, may as well post up some pics and say high to kill 2 birds with one stone!

I drive a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit (same thing as Pontiac G5 as it was renamed in 2007 for US market).

I'm in Mission, BC, Canada & frequently visit WA & plan on doing lots of driving this summer (heading to Lordstown,OH for G5CLUB.net meet & Western Canadian Mega Meet in Edmonton, AB)

I hope this is a fine section for posting up, if not please move me to an off topic section somewhere... less chatty more images!

Its a base model 2.2L with NO add-ons (unfortunately, no A/C or nothing!!!)

I'll try and get some pics of my sound setup and what not later... for now, this is all I've got…

It started out like this (minus the head unit & subs put that in the moment I got the car)

^Cheap $40 car seat covers^

^^[email protected]^^

Now looks like this:

^I just wanted a feeler for 4x10’s on 1200W RMS of power but now back down to 2^

\/Have since recovered door panels and did some more painting, pics below:\/

My current mod list is as follows *takes a deap breath*:
- Clear Image Auto Header/DP/(2.5")Catback (was their mockup for their exhaust)
- K&N Typhoon SRI
- RK Sport dual ram air intake hood
- Eibach Sportlines
- Rear 3 tinted 5%
- Sportin' the G5CLUB.net banner across back window for obvious reasons
- HERTZ Hi-Energy 6.5", tweeters and 6x9's
- 2xMTX 10" subs mounted in a ported sledgehammer box (Future Shop special ROFL)
- 2xMTX Amps: TA3404 400W RMS 4-Channel & TC4001 400W RMS mono
- Pioneer AVIC-D3: DVD Navigation Touchscreen h/u.
- RF 1 Farad Cap
- PS2 Under the seat w/guitar hero current mounted up :p
- Red/Black Cobalt SS/SC Seats
- Complete Supercharger setup (pending install, est install date, mid april after my transmission gets replaced cuz of retarded 2nd gear synchros issues on my f23)
- Dyno tuned by [email protected] Tuning @Drift Office in Auburn, WA
- Tinted tail lights & side markers w/ VHT
- PURSUIT Floor rubber mats
- MRZ STB & STB Caps
- Painted dash trim to match seats
- Recovered door panel inserts to match seats
- Deleted side mouldings
- 3rd gen projector headlights
- 6000K HIDs
- Cobalt SS/SC High Rise Spoiler
- Ark antenna
- 3rd brake light decal
- Crossdrilled Raybestos Rotors
- Konig K-Tune 18" rims wrapped with Pirelli P6's

*passes out*

OK so I admin over at g5club & a member on CSS so I thought I'd branch out to IonForums since we have many cross members kicking around and it was mentioned I should stop by! Looking forward to meeting local Ions at local meets. I also look forward to posting up how-tos as well for ones that have not been posted already :).

Let me know if you want mooooooaaaaaar pics... I love being a pic whore.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
thats a hella nice pursuit......sorry about the comment made in your seat thread.....i didn't see this till after...lol

you've done a lot to your car.....keep up the good work. and i agree....an SS lip would look pimp on there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MOARRR PICSS,i love it man,especially that hood,the ss lip would be sickk on it!
Yup... planning RK sport kit though... have to do it though while the gf is gone in New Zealand or else she'll shit on me lol.

^yes I know you can see my back window banner from outer space^

^NOTE: In the process of getting my valve cover polished & no longer have injen intake, sold that and get K&R SRI to work better with my hood^

^I love those rims, NOTE: I have since painted calipers Black/Silver to match current car theme :)^

Let me know if you want even moooar... I'll keep posting on request, I'll try from trillions of other pictures :p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
it definaately looks good man,ive ALWAYS loved the tailights and grill on these cars,i would gave considered one if the gt's came s/c'd.
I know whatcha mean... Kinda sucks they didn't make a G5 GXP (with either the LSJ or LNF :( )... Oh well... Keeps our options open for tuners right?

Right now, I've got a supercharger sitting at Tom's house (NWGMT Cobalt on CSS/NWAE Cobalt on G5CLUB) in Auburn, WA... have to get like 4 or 5 more pieces & I'm set to supercharge my 2.2L... If engine blows, sweet, good reason to rebuild with better internals lol.

I agree though, I love the G5 grill & tail lights over the Cobalt.

Not only that, I can't believe the price difference, new GT's at the time I took my car over from my sister were like $26k... base models are 13k..... I've invested 12k in mods into this car & still ends up being cheaper than what a new GT went for lol. Sure I'm lacking a 2.4L engine w/ some forged internals & don't have A/C or heated seats.... but oh well.... with the money I just spent on a supercharger, now has come out to be equivalent price as to what a new GT would have cost hah

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats a hella nice pursuit......sorry about the comment made in your seat thread.....i didn't see this till after...lol

you've done a lot to your car.....keep up the good work. and i agree....an SS lip would look pimp on there.

Wow many views not many comments!!! I would have expected at least some negativity! Lets hear it haha.

·
Registered
265 Posts
hey man thats a sick car man, my parents almost got me one, but the only thing i dont like is the front end:/

i just like ours and the cobalts better than the g5.

but man thats awesome, and youve come really far on that car, grats and hope to here more about your car soon!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is that Ryan's car beside yours?
Naw, its my buddy brad... he wrote that off recently though, it was an LS and now he got himself a new SS/SC.

hey man thats a sick car man, my parents almost got me one, but the only thing i dont like is the front end:/

i just like ours and the cobalts better than the g5.

but man thats awesome, and youve come really far on that car, grats and hope to here more about your car soon!
Same thing, just different tail lights (IMO, the round ones on the Cobalts don't look as good as the g5) and the grill, only difference is in factory, they chop out the line that goes accross for the bowtie and they put on the pontiac insert in the middle grill area... only diff.. bumpers are still the same :) I could remove my grill and put a line across and chevy badge, no one would know the diff! lol.

That was one hell of a transformation! Well done.
Thank you :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts