Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not quite ready to buy yet, but those look like some good deals. I had a Ion 3 sedan prior to my Vue RL that I liked, but having a kid we needed a bigger vehicle and I fell in love with the Vue RL. But now that we're established with our child I need my summer toy.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Sounds good. There are, unfortunately, always some good deals around.

I went from an SL2 to the IRL and have loved it.
Wife has a Vue herself, also a nice ride.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
We're a Saturn family too. My wife has a 2005 Vue V6 with 125K. We just had timing belt, water pump and endlinks replaced as preventative measure. Shocks, struts and strut mounts next week.

Other than spark plugs, tires and regular maintenance, only problem is driver side seat heater stopped work but nothing else and still getting over 27mpg on the highway. I would've rather had the VUE RL but for what it is, it still has plenty of git-up-and-go for the wife:)

Good luck with your IRL search!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It does have some quirks, but in the 1.5 years I've owned it i was able to ignore them and they no longer bother me. I really like it and it does well in all seasons for me. Plus enough room for the family and just enough ummmff for me.

I have my group of buddies that I talk cars with, so of course we all talk about cars we want to get. I mention the Ion RL and everybody is like why would you buy that car, it's a Saturn Ion. Are you guys that have them satisfied with it? It appears from reading other threads that you can get over 300hp out of them which seems to be quite a bit for a smaller car.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Ion Red Line is constantly and consistently underrated and overlooked which is why a lot of people on here have them. 300hp is not easy on the stock blower, most people at or above that number have gone with a TVS supercharger or converted to turbo.

Put it this way - $6000 to buy the car and $4000 in modifications = $10K total

That $10K car will put cars to shame that cost 3 to 5 times as much.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Can't you get close to 300 whp by doing an E85 tune on the stock blower?

Sent from my DROID Pro using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Can't you get close to 300 whp by doing an E85 tune on the stock blower?

close? yes. Someone on here broke 300 on stock blower w/e85 on stock block (and head I think too)...hmmm...what was his name? James I think:stickpoke

·
Registered
313 Posts
I plan on doing that and stopping.

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
close? yes. Someone on here broke 300 on stock blower w/e85 on stock block (and head I think too)...hmmm...what was his name? James I think:stickpoke

You're askin for an ass kickin!!!

·
That guy is awesome ^^^
4,432 Posts
so true. what a bish. i was supposed to come up and help him with a head swap and then do a couple pulls for kicks. . . .

. . . i assume he was just way too scared ;)

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Aw man im totally jealous. I have an 05 Vue RL myself, but I wish I had an 06 or an 07. They are the nicest looking ones inside and out up to 2007 IMO. Can't really complain though, I bought mine just as a beater car and its been really good to me. Pretty sweet in the snow and a ton of space inside. Gas isn't too bad either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts