Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got her back today and she is running better than ever!!!! Now, as long as I don't see any leakage I'm an EXTREMELY happy man.

The clutch feels really nice now too.

Is it possible for the same tranny make and model to have slightly different gear ratios from factory? The gearing feels way better now. The car even seems quicker than before. This could also be because I've been driving a Chrysler Pacifica rental for a week too. ;)

Anyhow, it does feel a bit quicker, especially in first and second gear.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
is te tranny saga over. Did you find out anything about the tranny. like is it the ame f35 thats in the saab which would allow us to abuse the quaife?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
goofyguy said:
is te tranny saga over. Did you find out anything about the tranny. like is it the ame f35 thats in the saab which would allow us to abuse the quaife?

Same tranny I believe. Looks the same anyway.

I think they gave me one with an LSD!!!! I'm serious. On my way to work tonight I did a few launches. I took the RPM all the way up to 3500 and took off with NO wheel hop!!!! If I had done that before my front end would have been hopping like Tigger on speed. :p

I know FOR SURE now that my car is definitely faster as well. When I picked it up from the dealer I had my kids with me and didn't lean on it too hard. On my way to work I was by myself and it is quicker in 1st and 2nd.

I mentioned something to the dealer about LSD when I dropped it off that it would be nice to get one since I've had so much trouble and they were pullilng the tranny out anyhow but they did not say that they had put one in it when I picked it up. Weird.

I need to drive it around some more and see but DAYUUUUM, even if they didn't, there is a BIG improvement in launching and the low end torque it seems.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Easy way to tell if you truly have limited slip:

Stop the car.
Drop the ebrake.
Do a burnout.

If you get 2 treadmarks, it's a winner. You've got LSD. :)

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
garland said:
Easy way to tell if you truly have limited slip:

Stop the car.
Drop the ebrake.
Do a burnout.

If you get 2 treadmarks, it's a winner. You've got LSD. :)

I'll try that.

By "drop" do you mean engage the E-brake and do a burn out while it's on?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, nevermind. There is no LSD in there. I got the wheels to hop like hell on the way home this morning.

I must have just had a REALLY good launch. I can't seem to do it again without the wheel hop.

Oh well.

The car is running like a mother F'er and no signs of any leaks. :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
JPK said:
Well, nevermind. There is no LSD in there. I got the wheels to hop like hell on the way home this morning.

I must have just had a REALLY good launch. I can't seem to do it again without the wheel hop.

Oh well.

The car is running like a mother F'er and no signs of any leaks. :D
thank god, hopefully that is the end of it all! congrats!

·
Registered
87 Posts
My clutch is starting to go Limp :-(
I can feel the wear. I only have 6800 AGGRESSIVE miles on :-(
I heard that the clutches are easily good over 70K mi. Just what I heard, anyone know differently?

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HersheyRedLine said:
I heard that the clutches are easily good over 70K mi. Just what I heard, anyone know differently?

I can tell you that I've had my tranny taken out and put back in 3 times by the dealership. Each time I got it back the clutch felt a little different.

I think our cars have a cable clutch and should be adjustable.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
HersheyRedLine said:
i'm pretty sure i've felt the same thing, only my reason to get a better one (if there is one by the time i need one) although i don't think i'll need one anytime too soon.

·
Registered
524 Posts
HersheyRedLine said:
No one can say for sure. I'm sure these clutches can last well over 100k miles, just depends on how they are treated...

Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts