Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know this is a RL forum and i don't drive one and i will understand if you bash my car, but for the few people that don't hate these cars here it is. Im not a troll either i post here alot. Also a pic of one of my gf''s turbo mr2s and my old turbo supra.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Dropped? Looks good! They're nice cars man, no one should bash you for posting pics of it!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sp00ner said:
Dropped? Looks good! They're nice cars man, no one should bash you for posting pics of it!
Yeah the wrx is dropped on Tein springs the supra was dropped on tokico 3 way adjustable shocks and eibbach sport springs the mr2 is stock height.

Thanks for the compliment

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Nice grouping of cars right there. Lots of potnetial. Do a northstar in the MR2

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
goofyguy said:
Nice grouping of cars right there. Lots of potnetial. Do a northstar in the MR2
whats a northstar? Nice bike and thanks for the comment, i had a street bike put 25 cars on me from 40-80 in my wrx lol.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Very nice AWII. I love the Mr2's. Like the Supra as well :D Too bad u sold them :(

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
The very first car that I ever went fast in, like real fast, was a Supra just like that one. Different color, same body style. 100mph. My buddy Brent's dad had just got it, was taking me home and stopped right in the middle of the road. Looked over at us, and said "How fast do you think we can catch those cars?", meaning the ones that were just infront of us. We were like 8, maybe 9 at the time. Before we could even say anything, he hammered it, and I was watching the speedometer from the back seat, and couldn't believe we were going that fast...

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sp00ner said:
The very first car that I ever went fast in, like real fast, was a Supra just like that one. Different color, same body style. 100mph. My buddy Brent's dad had just got it, was taking me home and stopped right in the middle of the road. Looked over at us, and said "How fast do you think we can catch those cars?", meaning the ones that were just infront of us. We were like 8, maybe 9 at the time. Before we could even say anything, he hammered it, and I was watching the speedometer from the back seat, and couldn't believe we were going that fast...
Yeah back in the mid 80s when the MKIII's came out they were pretty pricey (~30K) and performed well for their time. The autos actually ran quicker in 1988 i saw a best of a 14.9 as for the manuals they were a 15.1 car, but very nice interior with all the special gadgets. Today thats pretty slow, but back in 1986 when they first came out it was quite fast. The car came with 230hp and 246lbs they upped that to 232hp and 252lbs in 1989. Mine was pushing 300+ with a 30 dollar boost controller i made at home depot and a full turboback exhaust, i ran a best of a [email protected] with a horrible 2.2 60 foot due to traction issues. I hit 152mph when it just had a catback and it was running 9psi (stock they run 6.8psi). When all was said and done i had a ported and polished head a blitz dsbc electronic boost controller set at 12psi, a turbo back exhaust with no cats, a hks intercooler [email protected] intake, custom ram air, custom racing clutch and a bunch of other shit. I loved that car and i still miss it, i like the power of the turbo inline 3.0 6cylinder. I mean that car ran 13.9 on the origional turbo never rebuilt with 189k miles on it, it was a great car.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MotorMouth said:
Very nice AWII. I love the Mr2's. Like the Supra as well :D Too bad u sold them :(
The MR2 is my gf's and she still has it, she also has another 1991 turbo black with a full vieldside kit.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
whats a northstar? Nice bike and thanks for the comment, i had a street bike put 25 cars on me from 40-80 in my wrx lol.
A northstar is a V-8 commonly found in Caddy's

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Sp00ner said:
We were like 8, maybe 9 at the time.
so we talking like mid 1800's here spooner, i didnt think they made cars back then.... sorry man have to make fun of the old folk....

is sad because in my group of work buddies the guy we call "old man" is turning 27 on monday.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I'm 28! Good lord! That's far from old! Old is always 10 years older than you are. I'm also 28 going on 19 in alot of ways!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aeain said:
MKII Supras with a 7MGTE or 2JZ-GTE is a force to be reckoned with. Nice Supra!

A guy that used to do alot of work on my car had a MKI with the 7mtge in it, he ran 12s and that thing was a complete death trap, a kid im friends with now has an 1988 with the 1jz-gte swap in it thats the 2.5 twin turbo out of japan but he changed it over to a single and dynoed at a conservative 498 to the wheels, he was doing that on 23psi on a turbo that is good for 30psi with bigger injectors, he also has a 75 shot of NOS that he didn't use during the dyno run, that car is just pure fun to drive in.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
A guy that used to do alot of work on my car had a MKI with the 7mtge in it, he ran 12s and that thing was a complete death trap, a kid im friends with now has an 1988 with the 1jz-gte swap in it thats the 2.5 twin turbo out of japan but he changed it over to a single and dynoed at a conservative 498 to the wheels, he was doing that on 23psi on a turbo that is good for 30psi with bigger injectors, he also has a 75 shot of NOS that he didn't use during the dyno run, that car is just pure fun to drive in.

My friend wants an 85 or 86 Supra and is planning on putting in a Fully Built 7MGTE and eventually a 2JZGTE or 1JEZGTE.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aeain said:
My friend wants an 85 or 86 Supra and is planning on putting in a Fully Built 7MGTE and eventually a 2JZGTE or 1JEZGTE.
all 3 of those engines have alot of potential in that light car. The only reason the MKIII was not faster is cause it weighed in at 3600lbs, the engine has plenty of potential.

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
elohdaeh78 said:
all 3 of those engines have alot of potential in that light car. The only reason the MKIII was not faster is cause it weighed in at 3600lbs, the engine has plenty of potential.
Exactly, my friends having problems finding a car. The past 3 we went to look at were all sold.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
My boss is now selling his Supra, all done up already, don't know anything about them, but it's the latest model of it, lowered, engine work, suspension, brakes and is all set up for nitrous. He took the gas off when he gave it to his 16yr old daughter to drive for a summer. Want's like $20,000 for it! I don't know how much something like that is worth, but $20,000 seemed like a LOT to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.