Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

My Discount Grill

2796 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  ALL4GLH
I have been wanting to put in a girll but i haven't gone out looking for one. While today me n my friend were at walmart and one was on calerance for $10 so i figured what the hell. Its a super-street grill with the little bio-hazard signs, its not the best or nicest girl but it dosent look horrible so im not complaining and the price was good to. I also painted the red saturn hood emblem black. Let me know what you think

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Not bad, but it's not as open up for airflow as some of the others are.
G
No offense, but that doesn't look too good. Plus, it looks a little off center to me. And I would agree on the air flow problem.
I dont find it that bad looking, but the airflow could def be an issue.
BoKaThUg1 said:
I have been wanting to put in a girll but i haven't gone out looking for one. While today me n my friend were at walmart and one was on calerance for $10 so i figured what the hell. Its a super-street grill with the little bio-hazard signs, its not the best or nicest girl but it dosent look horrible so im not complaining and the price was good to. I also painted the red saturn hood emblem black. Let me know what you think
grille not girl
clearance not calerance
grille not girl again
i think?
Yea man, I think the looks are ok, not my taste, but not bad. I do think that you'd be better off taking off the middle one though. You have an intercooler, radiator, and AC condensor behind there that you should think about more than the looks.

yeah same here, im not feeling the superstreet logo on the mesh. the vue reline mesh is the same identical pattern as the outside peices.
Im not feeling the super street logo either but this is jus temporary till i can find a nice one for a resonable price. I still dont undersatnd why this thin flimsy piece of metal is $40 at advanced auto. i would get the vue redline one but i dont feel like payin $90 for a damn grill so for now ill jus have to go with this. If any one has a grill that they want to sell let me know.
BoKaThUg1 said:
Im not feeling the super street logo either but this is jus temporary till i can find a nice one for a resonable price. I still dont undersatnd why this thin flimsy piece of metal is $40 at advanced auto. i would get the vue redline one but i dont feel like payin $90 for a damn grill so for now ill jus have to go with this. If any one has a grill that they want to sell let me know.

Dude, go to ebay. You can get some good quality universal grills and cut them to fit for well under $30.

I'm gonna get a black wide diamond one in the near future and put it in all 3 openings up front.

I too must agree about the airflow issue but I guess that's just beatin a dead horse at this point in the thread.
My freind has used these grilles before, diamond shaped and look quite good
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/autotecnica_grilles/
Thanks for the help and feed back guys
BoKaThUg1 said:

Man you must not be on this site very much. Blue_Arcade has had a Vue Redline mesh for sale for about 2 weeks now for $40. You just paid $40 for that same one.
I went to AutoZone today and got the universal mesh grill for $25. Matches pretty close, but since I'm removing pretty much every thing with the stock pattern on it and replacing it with mesh, it should all match. Just gotta figure out what to do with the side slivers... I know that it's solid behind them, maybe I'll cut the holes out... anyone think thats a BAD idea?

I am trying to see if i can pop those out and replace it with mesh. It is probably going to be quite a difficult task, just because it is such a small area. I'll let you know how it goes.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.