Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Only thing done is the removed airbox with an Injen filter. 213hp and 188ft-lbs of torque to the wheels. If you cant see the pic reload the page, or right-click-show picture.

·
Registered
291 Posts
thats awsome

·
Registered
244 Posts
Replied over at TSN too! Great #'s!

·
Registered
391 Posts
those are awsome numbers man, 2hp more than a srt-4 with 2lbs less of boost... im guessing those were 3gear pulls with corrections right?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Very nice numbers!

·
Registered
391 Posts
the torque seems very low for our engines. my buddy has a 2.2 eco turbocharged and with 8psi pulled 217 whp and 241 ft/lbs of torque. although the 2.2 pulled max power around 5300 rpms. wonder what if the 2.2 cams were swaped for the 2.0's??????

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
nice numbers man, what kind of dyno was it on?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
never mind, noticed it's a dynojet, also, what's up with the spike in HP around 5k?

·
Registered
5 Posts
BlackLine said:
those are awsome numbers man, 2hp more than a srt-4 with 2lbs less of boost... im guessing those were 3gear pulls with corrections right?
Be careful with your numbers my friend! Most of the SRT-4's are pulling 220hp and 250 ft/lbs of torque right off the showroom floor. :D

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
mtnbkrpnk said:
Be careful with your numbers my friend! Most of the SRT-4's are pulling 220hp and 250 ft/lbs of torque right off the showroom floor. :D
depending on the dyno, i pulled 187.xhp and an srt with a bunch of mods like a bigger intercooler, hardpipes, boost controller, plugs, wires, yada yada pulled 220 on the same dyno

·
Registered
5 Posts
He had something set up wrong for sure, but you did pull some good numbers. I'm not bashing you. The reason I think he wasn't set up like he could have been is that I've got intake, exhaust, electronic boost controller, MOPAR Stage 1 and AGP wastegate actuator, and I LOWERED the boost to 13 psi for one pull and got 220 whp, and pushed it up to 18.5 psi for 258 whp, 301lb/ft torque.

·
Registered
5 Posts
BlackLine said:
the torque seems very low for our engines. my buddy has a 2.2 eco turbocharged and with 8psi pulled 217 whp and 241 ft/lbs of torque. although the 2.2 pulled max power around 5300 rpms. wonder what if the 2.2 cams were swaped for the 2.0's??????
I do agree that the torque numbers look like something from a 1.8 liter....something isn't right with that, or is it? :confused: What psi are you guys boosting at?

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
mtnbkrpnk said:
He had something set up wrong for sure, but you did pull some good numbers. I'm not bashing you. The reason I think he wasn't set up like he could have been is that I've got intake, exhaust, electronic boost controller, MOPAR Stage 1 and AGP wastegate actuator, and I LOWERED the boost to 13 psi for one pull and got 220 whp, and pushed it up to 18.5 psi for 258 whp, 301lb/ft torque.
no, because every car they have dynos lower than what you find on the internet, i've checked it all out, with the same setup (essentially) this guys got over 200whp with a redline, while i've pulled 187

·
Registered
493 Posts
Vita said:
never mind, noticed it's a dynojet, also, what's up with the spike in HP around 5k?
Maybe thats where the sc starts to really make some boost, but then gets bypassed by the computer.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is where you really feel all the boost, so it looks right to me.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i would like to see where the boost kicks in, and when the valve opens to dump boost before redline.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts