Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

My First Unofficial Victory!!!!

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  cyrix 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I've not posted in a while, but I've got good reason to, now! Today on my way home from work I had a run-in with a little black Celica. I believe it was a 2002-04', whatever the new body style is. Anyway, aside from the typical boy racer stuff like the soup can-like muffler and the drop he had on it, I noticed something else. He had a little badge on the back, near the taillight, that said "Tanabe" with some fine print below it which I could'nt read. We went through west Vandalia to the intersection of US40 and Peters pk. (for those of you familiar with the area! :rolleyes: ) Side by side he revs with the usual snowmobile-like noise, so I know he's interested. The light turn green and pow...we're off! By the time I hit second gear he's in full in my rear view. I dunno if he was'nt really trying or missed a gear or what. We went over the overpass by Dayton Int'l Airport and then I knew he was a little salty because just when I thought it was over, he blows by me to merge right from the soon ending left lane. No real terrible shock there since I had slowed to 60 after the last light. Well, I tooled on down 40 until I had to turn right onto Fredrick pk. to head home. Much to my delight he too was turning right. There was some traffic ahead of him turning left onto Martindale, so we both nearly came to a dead stop, I noticed there was'nt a soul ahead of us for at least a mile down the road. So, once the car ahead of us turned, he gunned it...as did I. Not wanting to be a hothead, I decided to merely match speed and maintain a set car length behind. All I heard was his loud-ass and the nice thoaty yet high pitched tone of yours truly as was preceeded to whine-out our vehicles. Lots of fun this was, indeed! :D Once we got to the stop sign at Fredrick and Old Springfield (my street) I did a decreet wave from behind him as if to say,"Yup, I'm still here!!", and he waved me up beside him. He said to me,"Is that the Redline, the one with the S/C?", I said simply,"Why yes it is...and all stock at that!". He then replied,"That's a bad mother*&@#%!". To which I replied,"Yes it is, man. Thanks for to run there, gotta go". During our little speed run down Fredrick I did'nt pay much mind to the exact position of the speedo, but I do know that the needle did reach just past 100mph. Nothing terribly overkill, but a good sprint nonetheless. Also, if anyone knows the significance of the "Tanabe" emblem on the rear of my opponents car, please let me know, I'm curious as hell. Is it just a fakie little "I wanna look special" emblem. Or does it mean he's actually got a little something underhood? By any means it was good amount of after work release to thrash the cars about a little! :)

See less See more
#6 ·
cyrix said:
I pretty tickled about it, though. Maybe next time someone wants to play, I'll do more than just keep up! :D

Dude, smoke their asses whenever you can. Don't just play "keep up".

I had a great time smoking that Audi TT a week ago. The guy was so pissed he wouldn't even look over at me at the next light we stopped at. :D

#8 ·
On the way home tonight I raced a 98/99 mustang gt. There where 2 teenagers in it. I could tell from the stop light that it was a stick. Well the light turned green and I was off in first I had 3/4 of a car length on them by 2 it was 2 car and by 3 about 3 1/2. Had to shut her down since there was traffic. It was a nice 2 1/2 block race. None the less was pleased with the performance of my car. by the way I have 200+ ponds of stereo equipment in my car. The only mods I have are the only K&N cold air intake I know of and that vacum line thing. :cool:

#9 ·
Hey, Blackline!...we'll have to hook-up sometime. Like the man said, I guess I have to start wasting everyone I run up on...would ya like to be the first? :) Anywho, nice run against the mustang, always love to hearing the fact that a factory tuner from GM can waste the flagship sportscar from Ford!! :D Blackline gimme yur e-mail or something and...uh, yeah! Not trying to get a big head on y'all, but I guess there'll be no more passive aggressive play keep-ups fo' me as the man said!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.