Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after much time and thought me and D3XXFR have come together and developed a way to make the numbers gauge light up blue!!!

ok first step: take gauges out and bring to desk

2:take out all 4 lights, leave top 2 in those are your turn lights

3: now i realize this step is a little getto/welfare but work with what u got, take a sharpie marker and color your lights blue make sure u you take your time and go over the bulb like 5 times letting it dry each time, check for dark spots

4: let dry and carefully put back into inst panel

put car back together

i will have pic of gauges tomorrow for all u people who want to see it, it makes the gauges a little dimmer but that is because you are adding color and its gonna be a little darker, i think it was worth the 0.00$ i spent on this mod

here are some pics of what the bulbs look like when blue
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,574 Posts
LOL!!!

That's ghetto-fabulous!!!! Just like me painting my emblems black with spray paint. (They look good though, dammit) :D

I wanna see the pics of the illuminated guages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,618 Posts
As oppossed to using a Sharpy, which may not last, you could try Testors (hobbie/model paint) Transparent Blue in a spray can. Just an idea.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,231 Posts
are they just 194 bulbs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
158 Posts
www.autoaccessories.com

has some gauges for the sl1 and such saturns. give them some time, and im sure they will make some sweet looking gauges for the rl. but, if im not mistaken, they have the same gauge pod set up, right? so maybe you wont even have to wait..wish i knew :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
goofyguy said:
are they just 194 bulbs?
NOOOOO LoL 194s are about 3 sizes bigger then our gauge bulbs. I wanna see a pic of those bad boys! I'm doin this tomorrow when I find my blue marker
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
JPK said:
LOL!!!

That's ghetto-fabulous!!!! Just like me painting my emblems black with spray paint. (They look good though, dammit) :D

I wanna see the pics of the illuminated guages.
Spray painted badges ROCK. I spray painted the badges on my SC2 last summer and they still look totally awesome. :D

I want to see the blue guages!!! I've got blue guages .. but mine are aftermarket and white-face and for a first gen SC2, they're a little easier to find. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DONE and got pics go to my car domain site and on page 6 you will find instructions and a couple pics of the finished product, along with the turn signals
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
w00000000 mine are blue also. Yes ghetto but it works so next mod HVAC Controls!!! This is actually in the works I'll let you know my progress as it comes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks jpk i was tired last night so i just made my cardomain and called it a day

the gauges are really easy to take off look at the cardomain site for instructions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
Ha thats not blue this is BLUE

BLUE LEDS
Check this out! took me a few hours but they are very blue. Alot better than the bulb covers..... :D I should have pictures up on my web site soon for the mod if you want to try it.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yo man do u not have the canadian marks on yours mine i have the red numbers on the inside of the blue ones, i like it looks good how hard was it to take out the stock bulb and solder the new ones
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
navymitch12 said:
yo man do u not have the canadian marks on yours mine i have the red numbers on the inside of the blue ones, i like it looks good how hard was it to take out the stock bulb and solder the new ones
Yes I do I just have it turned down. They look purple and don't show up on the camera very good. Took me about 2 hours to do this but there was alot of messing around trying to figure out how to get it to fit and not short out. I blew about 4 LEDs working on this man the really smoke... :D I am just about to post direction on my web site on how to do this here is the link! Blue LED mod

I'm going to work on a adjustable color LEDs maybe get about 16 to 32 different colors. Maybe flashing fading to different color accross the gauges.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
is there a way to make blue or white needles also? I know needle kits are out there, just wondering
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
762 Posts
xtremelumina92 said:
is there a way to make blue or white needles also? I know needle kits are out there, just wondering
LoL That was me and Navymitches next idea, so far nothing except making our own(what a headache that would be) I haven't seen many needle kits, honestly one and they said right on the site will not work with ANY saturn LoL. All we really need is clear plastic or clear blue needles and it'll be hot but where to get them I have no clue. I'll search around you to if you find something let me know :) and NavyMitch to
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
351 Posts
I don't want to mess with replacing needles again. My last truck I change the display and had to take the needles off. I knew where they went and they where still off after man adjustments. I'm not doing that again....It looks good blue and red....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
Yes I do I just have it turned down. They look purple and don't show up on the camera very good. Took me about 2 hours to do this but there was alot of messing around trying to figure out how to get it to fit and not short out. I blew about 4 LEDs working on this man the really smoke... :D I am just about to post direction on my web site on how to do this here is the link! Blue LED mod

I'm going to work on a adjustable color LEDs maybe get about 16 to 32 different colors. Maybe flashing fading to different color accross the gauges.

I just tried that today and it didn't work. I tried flipping it( I only modded one led just to try it) around and nothing. The led worked fine when I tested it on a 12volt battery.

I would realy like to see the different color leds... that would be hot
 
1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Top