Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
121 - 140 of 174 Posts

· Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,846 Posts
He may not have quit he might be back on duty too....

Block is resleved & blue prinred,8.9:1, forged rods and pistions, Crank Cryo'ed,Knifed,lightned,polished. B-Shaft delete, head reworked by m2, Long tube headers(u know which ones), Gm Inconel & Ti valave train, Adjust. cam gears and some other little stuff.

FE5 Lower control arm,struts,shocks,front sway bar,h&r lowering springs
Both Air to water kits came in yesterday
Mega squirt works but stock ECU is still running the car(FYI it's healla slow lmao)

Still needs a turbo, needs to spool Real quick max of 18-20 psi
F25 +LSD needs to be found and seen if will bolt up
Better front braking...
Fuel pump issue...
Rear sway bar needs to be found
Intake manifold needs to be decided on.

New stock or Redline shifter base? and new cables

Red line rear bumper and New QC front bumper needs to be installed and painted with car (Going Flat with 20% clear)

dash glassed for custom pods
Impressive.

Now guess the turbo location ;)
Rear mount~

Wheres the kit I get lazy after doing one custom job lol.
It was an one-off kit made a couple of years ago for the LSJ. They gave up on the project and starting selling off the parts.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
Impressive.

Rear mount~

It was an one-off kit made a couple of years ago for the LSJ. They gave up on the project and starting selling off the parts.

Goddamnit Lmao, How bad do you think she will lag? I know there will be some but hopefully very little plus the bitch can breath now :) and do you have any ideas to combat turbo noise? I'm srsly looking at putting a truck muffler back there and the an e-cutout that opens on WOT only

16,846 Posts
Goddamnit Lmao, How bad do you think she will lag? I know there will be some but hopefully very little plus the bitch can breath now :) and do you have any ideas to combat turbo noise? I'm srsly looking at putting a truck muffler back there and the an e-cutout that open on WOT only
Depends on the turbo. What did you plan on running?

I am not as anti-rear mount as most people are. I think it can be a good option for some people.

· Registered
3,128 Posts
Goddamnit Lmao, How bad do you think she will lag? I know there will be some but hopefully very little plus the bitch can breath now :) and do you have any ideas to combat turbo noise? I'm srsly looking at putting a truck muffler back there and the an e-cutout that opens on WOT only
Depending on turbo size. A gt28rs makes good power, and front mounted sees full boost of 20psi under 3k. Win turbo i say.
Explain turbo noise? Spool, blow off valve sounds, exhaust?
I dont care for cutouts, especially if the turbo is going to be mounted in the rear, your going to have a cutout for 2 feet of exhaust pipe?

· Registered
2,884 Posts
Depending on turbo size. A gt28rs makes good power, and front mounted sees full boost of 20psi under 3k. Win turbo i say.
Explain turbo noise? Spool, blow off valve sounds, exhaust?
I dont care for cutouts, especially if the turbo is going to be mounted in the rear, your going to have a cutout for 2 feet of exhaust pipe?
Honestly i was looking at a gatert t3/t4 hybrid

Spool and exhaust, blowoff fix = 50/50 recir.. which may be harder said then done...

cut out is for brerathing purposes(i/e bypassing the muffler or mufflers), I need this car to be super low key as possible, Having an issue finding races in my big car...

as far as the rear mount i plan for my IAT's to be super fucking cold if not below or at ambient at night

I'm open to ideas

I was alos looking at sts unversila kits too...

· Registered
3,128 Posts
Honestly i was looking at a gatert t3/t4 hybrid

Spool and exhaust, blowoff fix = 50/50 recir.. which may be harder said then done...

cut out is for brerathing purposes(i/e bypassing the muffler or mufflers), I need this car to be super low key as possible, Having an issue finding races in my big car...

as far as the rear mount i plan for my IAT's to be super fucking cold if not below or at ambient at night

I'm open to ideas

I was alos looking at sts unversila kits too...

Spool is going to hard to hide, I find running a longer intake pipe helps quiet it down alot.
As for BOV, look up the modified HKS blow off valve. Looks cheesy, but one of the quieter ones i know.
I had no trouble with races, I made a gauge pod at head height so everyone outside could see my o2 sensor gauge blazing back and forth with the colors! Hahaha, needless to say it worked. Little did they know in the passenger seat was my laptop wide open giving me every detail about my car :D Good ole hptuners.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
Spool is going to hard to hide, I find running a longer intake pipe helps quiet it down alot.
As for BOV, look up the modified HKS blow off valve. Looks cheesy, but one of the quieter ones i know.
I had no trouble with races, I made a gauge pod at head height so everyone outside could see my o2 sensor gauge blazing back and forth with the colors! Hahaha, needless to say it worked. Little did they know in the passenger seat was my laptop wide open giving me every detail about my car :D Good ole hptuners.
I was gonna snokerl the intake in the trunk so that might hide the spool,

Nobody wants to race 5th gen maro even if all i say is...."It only has cutout's" lmao....

I think i might make the glove box the guage center that way i can hide everything vs. the in yo face on the dash method

No is there a truely sielntly blow off valve or could i make it one...

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Old vid that never got posted I dont believe.

Car is parked as of now. I drove 7k miles this year so far, needs tires that will hook in 3rd and quieter exhaust.

No dyno #s yet but its seeing 17.6psi out of the s256. Has blowby, under boost but thats a easy fix to the valve cover.

Also got a jeep now for a DD.

16,846 Posts
Whats the point of a ET anyways? I see full boost by 3400-3500 easy.
HP

Bullseye Borg Warner turbo info:

s256 - good up to about 350whp. Good spool.
s252 extended tip - good up to about 400whp. Great spool.
s256 extended tip - good up to about 475whp. Noticeable lag.
Billet s259 extended tip - good for over 500whp but very laggy.

I was just wondering.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts