Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
141 - 160 of 174 Posts

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
HP

Bullseye Borg Warner turbo info:

s256 - good up to about 350whp. Good spool.
s252 extended tip - good up to about 400whp. Great spool.
s256 extended tip - good up to about 475whp. Noticeable lag.
Billet s259 extended tip - good for over 500whp but very laggy.

I was just wondering.
It lags pretty decent sometimes but I bet im closer to 400whp. Cams and ported head make a huge difference.

· Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,846 Posts
It lags pretty decent sometimes but I bet im closer to 400whp. Cams and ported head make a huge difference.
A RL owner put an S256et on his car and it was really laggy. We always thought the et would help with spool. But that is why ZZP recommends the 256 in their twincharge kits.

Now they recommend the 252et for straight turbo setups.

· Registered
1,942 Posts
I was going to get their kit with the 252et then they raised the price and not shipping. Now im sticking with the TVS for a while. I have some turbo parts sitting im my closet though. Slowly but surely this bitch will get turbo'd.

· Likes "Cheese" and "Head"
16,846 Posts
I was going to get their kit with the 252et then they raised the price and not shipping. Now im sticking with the TVS for a while. I have some turbo parts sitting im my closet though. Slowly but surely this bitch will get turbo'd.
They don't offer the SC block off plate to turn the SC into an IM anymore. Now they ship their turbo kit with a Saab IM. That is why they bumped the price $200.

Which is actually really smart in their situation. They were having problems getting LSJ IMs to make their single pass IMs. Now that ZZP Turbo kits replace the stock IM it might help a few more of those filter back to ZZP.

I really liked their old turbo kit. Most LSJ guys have spent a lot of money upgrading their water/air cooling system. And it still would work on a turbo setup...

· Registered
2,884 Posts
They don't offer the SC block off plate to turn the SC into an IM anymore. Now they ship their turbo kit with a Saab IM. That is why they bumped the price $200.

Which is actually really smart in their situation. They were having problems getting LSJ IMs to make their single pass IMs. Now that ZZP Turbo kits replace the stock IM it might help a few more of those filter back to ZZP.

I really liked their old turbo kit. Most LSJ guys have spent a lot of money upgrading their water/air cooling system. And it still would work on a turbo setup...
you can never have enough cooling

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #148 ·
A RL owner put an S256et on his car and it was really laggy. We always thought the et would help with spool. But that is why ZZP recommends the 256 in their twincharge kits.

Now they recommend the 252et for straight turbo setups.
I also have a ported head with cams. Its a dog out of boost for the most part, but its not too bad. Just wish it was a auto.

My intake temps dont get above 20* from ambient. Most of the time the IAT's are cooler when its 65* out. But I play on the highway, no tracks or autox for me, that could be why.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
I also have a ported head with cams. Its a dog out of boost for the most part, but its not too bad. Just wish it was a auto.

My intake temps dont get above 20* from ambient. Most of the time the IAT's are cooler when its 65* out. But I play on the highway, no tracks or autox for me, that could be why.
who ported your heads and what size cam? and whats your power band? I think part of my issue was I wanted to much at to low of an rpm, I did end up going with n/a and spary which worked better less power yes but the power I was looking at before would have need a lot more shit...

· Registered
2,884 Posts
Man so many ways to run the intercooler pipes for the ion. I need to stop looking and just make the stupid things!!!
I had a few sick ideas via an air to water system the straight IC you run the charge piping juts like the t/c motor with that IC the middle run your stainless lines... OMG :D there was also the pretty empty area behind the front bumper cover under the bumper.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 · (Edited)
who ported your heads and what size cam? and whats your power band? I think part of my issue was I wanted to much at to low of an rpm, I did end up going with n/a and spary which worked better less power yes but the power I was looking at before would have need a lot more shit...
My car pulls like **** whenever its in boost(3600-7200)thats about it. Just have to wait for the lag and hold onto the wheel.

113200 - Cast core version Hydraulic Roller Camshafts

Patriot head. https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=12&cat=15&page=1

· Registered
2,884 Posts
My car pulls like **** whenever its in boost(3600-7200)thats about it. Just have to wait for the lag and hold onto the wheel.

113200 - Cast core version Hydraulic Roller Camshafts

Patriot head. https://www.patriot-performance.com/xcart/product.php?productid=12&cat=15&page=1
So Whats the next up grade?

And Hows your axle hop? are you run the stock Qc's? or did you get equal lenght half shafts and fab up a bracket?

I was thinking of doing this before, I didn't know if the bracket would fit form an rl and if it did would it even mount up.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
So Whats the next up grade?

And Hows your axle hop? are you run the stock Qc's? or did you get equal lenght half shafts and fab up a bracket?

I was thinking of doing this before, I didn't know if the bracket would fit form an rl and if it did would it even mount up.
10lb spring and going to enjoy a working car for a while after this winter. I dont hop with solid mounts. What bracket are you talking about? All I did was swap out the drive shafts.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
10lb spring and going to enjoy a working car for a while after this winter. I dont hop with solid mounts. What bracket are you talking about? All I did was swap out the drive shafts.
you don't have equal length driveshafts. One should be longer than the other

The RL An Coby Have an intermediate shaft, this shaft is connected to a bracket to the back of the engine and it then has equal length drive/cv shafts, one connects to the trans and on the other side connects to the shaft, This prevent wheel hop and peg legging & trq steer

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 · (Edited)
you don't have equal length driveshafts. One should be longer than the other

The RL An Coby Have an intermediate shaft, this shaft is connected to a bracket to the back of the engine and it then has equal length drive/cv shafts, one connects to the trans and on the other side connects to the shaft, This prevent wheel hop and peg legging.

Obviously and thats also not for a f23. Look at my origional post on the first page, it states at the bottom ive installed DDS stage 2 axels.

Im not new to this, im on other forums. I dont have wheel hop at all, I just have horrible trq steer. The rear mount was left stock and rest are solid, it seems to do the trick.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
Obviously and thats also not for a f23. Look at my origional post on the first page, it states at the bottom ive installed DDS stage 2 axels.

Im not new to this, im on other forums. I dont have wheel hop at all, I just have horrible trq steer. The rear mount was left stock and rest are solid, it seems to do the trick.
The trans shouldn't matter, as the shaft is just an soild fixed extension of the axle and the bracket bolts up to the engine block. And if you do this, it will help your trq steer issues, you won't 100% fix them unless you get an lsd as well. As it stands right now the shorter shaft is getiing the most power.

I had a theory that the Coby or the rl shaft would work but hadn't had the time to mess with it nor will i evar now....

in the end eco's are are the same block it's the internals that are diffrent.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
The trans shouldn't matter, as the shaft is just an soild fixed extension of the axke and the bracket bolts up to the engine block. And if you do this, it will help your trq steer issues you won't 100% fix them unless you get an lsd as well. As it stands right now the shorter shaft is getiing the most power.

I had a theory that the Coby or the rl shaft would work but hadn't had the time to mies with it nor will i evar now....

because in the end eco's are are the same block it's the internals that are diffrent.
I believe they have different spline count. Your not educating me at all and if your trying to just stop, this is my thread.

· Registered
2,884 Posts
I believe they have different spline count. Your not educating me at all and if your trying to just stop, this is my thread.
NO need to be hostile. I said i had not 100% fully investgated it. rember this is a forum were hear to discuss Solutions, idea's, Suggestions, and improvements not bash someone's build. IDK about you But fixing torque steer seemed like the next logical issue.

I believe there are the same spline, I had over 260h.p. with spray and had gone through 4 15lb bottles and my axles were just fine. I think the weak point is srsly the trans.

Back to the axles, I think they are same spline except the shaft is thicker with a tapered end, combine this with equal lengths and a LSD.. will you get the picture.

· Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 ·
NO need to be hostile. I said i had not 100% fully investgated it. rember this is a forum were hear to discuss Solutions, idea's, Suggestions, and improvements not bash someone's build. IDK about you But fixing torque steer seemed like the next logical issue.

I believe there are the same spline, I had over 260h.p. with spray and had gone through 4 15lb bottles and my axles were just fine. I think the weak point is srsly the trans.

Back to the axles, I think they are same spline except the shaft is thicker with a tapered end, combine this with equal lengths and a LSD.. will you get the picture.
Im not hostile im saying it how it is and being to the point.

Ive had 100 shot on my 2.2 before with over 15 bottles through it before I went forged. It works and hooks good for what it is, I dont need to mess with it anymore. I have another project called a house to focus on instead. All my car is used for is the highway, theres no tracks local to my area.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts