Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and did the two side grill openings today. The center one has been there for about a month now

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Looks sweet, and just in time for our meet today :D

Mmm, and look at that beautiful Michigan weather behind him. 72 degrees, no clouds, light breeze, ahh, it's such a perfect day for this meet.

Very sharp though.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Man that looks good I have the middle done but looking at yours makes me want to do the others.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
real easy to do. All ya need is tin snips, a small drill and zip tie's.

I believe zip ties are one of mans greatest achievements. Screw going to the moon weve got zip ties........oh yeah dont forget about velcro which is an even greater achievement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi there new owner of a 2004 RL. I was just woundering what are the actual numbers on a factory unit. For HP and FT lb of torq?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
duct tape = bad news

morpheus256 said:
cant forget duct tape when your talking about velcro and zip ties ;)
When it comes to vehicle modification, duct tape should be taken out of the equation.

Lets see what duct tape has done for the car industry:
1, Body kits that don't fit
2, Mirrors and Plates that have fallen off
3, Numbers on cars
4, Antennas
5, Spoilers, misc applications here
6, Headliners
7, Boost gauges (very important on NA cars)
And under the hood
7, Boost gauge (MAP) sensors (I used 7 twice)
8, radiators
9, intakes, esp. to fit an intake not designed for your car
10, to hold worn spark plug wires to the coil pack (i have seen it with my own eyes)

yeah, around the house, it is the 8th wonder of the world... around the car, it just makes everyone else look good.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
alredline04 said:
I went and did the two side grill openings today. The center one has been there for about a month now
That looks crazy cool. How did you cut out the fog light inserts? dremel? I really want to do mine, but I might black matte it, but the crome/galvinized look is pimp too.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just trimmed the mesh to fit over the plastic mesh. I drilled a couple of holes through the plastic mesh and used zip ties to fasten it. I didnt feel like cutting any holes either so I didnt bother. Ill post some close ups in a few min.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Man I love the way those grills look, sorry but I'm going to have to steal your idea, lol.

·
Registered
524 Posts
alredline04 said:
yep Diamond XXL FLAT
Did you get it from custom car grills? Does it come in that silver color or did you have to paint it? Looks awesome btw...

Tom

·
Registered
524 Posts
alredline04 said:
cutomcargrills.com

comes unpainted bare aluminumnuminumn :D
no paint
Did you just use some regular silver spray paint? Any problems with it chipping from rocks?

Tom

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.