Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, finally it has happened. I have just purchased my new dedicated autocross / play car. It is a 1991 Civic Si, maxed to the SCCA STS Class rules. I drove it this past weekend for the first time at an autocross in Hershey, PA and what a blast it was (picture below). That was enough to convince me that this is the car I want.

It has a freshly rebuilt engine with only 3,000 miles, and the suspension setup is just awesome. Just figured I would let guys know. Link below is a page compiled by the previous owner, and lists all modifications and more pictures and videos.

http://www.saturnspd.com/91si/

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
what kind of mods can you do to stay in that class. There is a lot of potential to the lil civics.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to stay within STS there is really nothing more I can do to the car. If I did anything internally to the engine it would throw me up a class. STS is more or less all suspension and only bolt on engine modification. The car is setup prefectly right now.

Maybe next year I will work on a high compression motor and goto the next class up, which is street mod.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
cool looks like a fun lil car to play in.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
looks like fun :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Adam,

It my black redline (ie the one that nailed the cones and caused your rerun :)) - And i see you bought mike's car? what is he going to drive next year?

Xau

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea it was loads of fun this past event. I didn't get to see much of either of your guys runs though. And I wanted to talk to you about the car too as I was thinking of buying one.

Cant wait till next season to get out there and race it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MrCleanY0 said:
just out of curiosity....how much did you give him for it?
I am getting the car, as is with the exception of the wheels for $5k. I thought that was an incredible deal for the amount of modifications done to the car. I am just itching now for next season.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts