Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
On a side note, the D2 is coming out, which is supposed to also have native bluetooth.

·
Moderator Kitteh!
11,564 Posts
unknownsuperhero said:
I talked to a Pioneer Rep (ini additioin to a TON of instalation junkies), and the Avic N2 there is no way. It uses GPS to tell if your vehicle is moving, the only way to disable it is to get rid of your nav. But then what is the point.

Other ones you just ground the e-brake sensor and you are good to go.
The N1 you can do this, but the N2 is as big of a pain as our ECU . . .
Well now that just sucks:(

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Did you install it yourself?? If so, how easy or hard was it?

I am debating whether or not to have mine done or do it myself. Everyone I talk to claims that you need a custom made kit in order for it to fit. Any thoughts??

FYI...this is just a Navi system. It does not play DVD's. Pioneer does not have a double din with DVD capabilities yet. The only ones I have found that are double -din with DVD are Eclipse and Kenwood.

What is cool about this one is that you have 2 slots, one for the Navi-disc and the other for CD's. Most others have 1 slot, so you can do only one of the 2, which sucks!!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
well yes and no on the the n2 bypass..... yes it CAN be done i have done it. do you want to know whats involved most likely not. unless you have experience working on the guts (the boards) dont attempt it. but there is no simple way. i sell pioneer and clarion and eclipse and the eclipse if by far the better of the three pioneer being second in this area and clarion being last this time around.......

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Only thing I don't like about the AVIC-N series is you can't truely nav while having a CD in the unit. You can map your route, save it, then take out the DVD and put in a CD, but if you need to change your route or the like you're stuck. That's the only reason I didn't get the N1 when it came out. I'm now looking at a kenwood or alpine system instead. Nice that they thought about this for the D1 though - but flip-up screen is just so much more pimp :)
The N1 also plays DVDs - even while moving with a very simple hack (N2 not quite as easy to hack). This is where the downfall of having only one drive for nav/cd/dvd really can be seen.
I was told by a guy in our Roadshop at Circuit City that they can, and have, hacked the N2 to play while moving.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts