Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is now at the dealer for the shift knob problem. This is thier 3rd attempt to fix it. They are going to be replacing the whole shifter assembly. The weird thing is, today they gave me a rental. They would not give me a rental the 3842384 times my car has been in.

They gave me a fast ass Kia Rio to drive! I tried to get a Nissan Murano they had but they wouldnt give it to me because Saturn authorized a compact car. This thing is slow, but it has a kick ass turning radius. I thought my 240sx had a good turning radius, this one is better.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the shift knob. I stopped at a dealership that i dont normally go to when it happened and there were like "ya, you just push it back on." As if i was some kind of moron that didnt already try that. So the one tech sat there like a gorilla just jamming it on. well he got it to stay but it wasnt straight. So i ripped it back off and went to my normal dealership. They are ordering me a new shift knob now. Hopefully that works.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Shift knob strikes again! I got PWND while driving, haha.

Just took the rest of the reverse lockout stuff off, rebooted it and put the knob back on, think I might just keep it like that, lol.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my dealer fixed it after the third attempt. new shift rod assembly and new shift knob and it's fixed.

If they just get you a new knob it wont work. my dealer ordered a new knob twice and it did not work.

·
Registered
391 Posts
lol, i had a Green Kia rio when my car was in the shop too. they suck and my tricycle could outrun it but it got some killer gas mileage. even with redline shifts every stoplight!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts