Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just purchased my black Redline this past weekend and I thought I would share a couple of stories. I live in south LA, in Lake Charles, and I've been looking into buying a Redline for a couple of months. When a friend from New Orleans told me he could get a good deal for me on a Redline, I jumped on it. After purchasing my Redline with a small loan, :D I started my long journey home.

I was passing through Lafayette and I got the opportunity to test my Redline out against 2 notably fast cars. My first race was against a SRT-4. I was at a stop light, when this red SRT-4 pulls up beside me. The black dude rolls down his window and ask if I want to run them? I don't know why he wanted to race. I still had my dealer tags on and all. He had a red SRT with silver stripes and a black hood. He reved several times, and when the light turned green we took off. I got a half a car jump off the line. When I hit second, I pulled a car on him. When I shifted to 3rd, I pulled some more. I think I shut down at around 80. After I shut down he flew past me. Thats when I noticed his fucking nasty wing on the back of his car. I laughed hard at him. At the same time, this yellow mustang GT passes me and gets on the side of him. They seemed to be yelling at him and laughing. When the light turned green again, the GT took off and the SRT didn't do anything. I get on the side of him again, and he said that he messed up. I asked if he wanted to run again, but he said No. He then told me that I wasted money buying a Redline and that I should have gotten a SRT-4 instead. I was like, "Dude! I just beat you." He just revved and turned off.

My second race was against a black WS6 in Lake Charles. I tried to play with him a little, but he didn't do anything. I finally got him to do something after several attempts. It was from a 40 mph roll, and it was total rape. By the time I hit 90, he had at least 6 cars on me. His exhaust was very loud, besides that I dont know his mods.

My car is stock, and I'm liking it so far. :)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Redliner said:
Hi everyone. I just purchased my black Redline this past weekend and I thought I would share a couple of stories. I live in south LA, in Lake Charles, and I've been looking into buying a Redline for a couple of months. When a friend from New Orleans told me he could get a good deal for me on a Redline, I jumped on it. After purchasing my Redline with a small loan, :D I started my long journey home.

I was passing through Lafayette and I got the opportunity to test my Redline out against 2 notably fast cars. My first race was against a SRT-4. I was at a stop light, when this red SRT-4 pulls up beside me. The black dude rolls down his window and ask if I want to run them? I don't know why he wanted to race. I still had my dealer tags on and all. He had a red SRT with silver stripes and a black hood. He reved several times, and when the light turned green we took off. I got a half a car jump off the line. When I hit second, I pulled a car on him. When I shifted to 3rd, I pulled some more. I think I shut down at around 80. After I shut down he flew past me. Thats when I noticed his fucking nasty wing on the back of his car. I laughed hard at him. At the same time, this yellow mustang GT passes me and gets on the side of him. They seemed to be yelling at him and laughing. When the light turned green again, the GT took off and the SRT didn't do anything. I get on the side of him again, and he said that he messed up. I asked if he wanted to run again, but he said No. He then told me that I wasted money buying a Redline and that I should have gotten a SRT-4 instead. I was like, "Dude! I just beat you." He just revved and turned off.

My second race was against a black WS6 in Lake Charles. I tried to play with him a little, but he didn't do anything. I finally got him to do something after several attempts. It was from a 40 mph roll, and it was total rape. By the time I hit 90, he had at least 6 cars on me. His exhaust was very loud, besides that I dont know his mods.

Nice runs Red. But Holy Shit! Here come the Skittle Trolls! :eek: :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SpikemanII said:
I think I'm a fairly decent driver, but that SRT-4 driver was a cocky *******. He must have been pissed when I beat him.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
With mods, SRT's are fast. I drove one, however, with 17,000 miles on it, bone stock, and it was good & broken in, and it definitely didn't seem as fast as my Redline. I don't know.

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice run. some people do not know how to drive. had my car for a year and for six months i would just dump the clutch. then one day i made a mistake and feathered the clutch and ran a 13.8 stock i was like wtf? so i figured out my mistake was the right thing to do. so my point is it is all in the driver. and to confirm my point, i saw a 700hp viper run consistently between mid13 and 14s at Rockingham dragway.

·
Banned
189 Posts
SpikemanII said:
Yup here i am.Nah just playing but something does not seem right.Why would u race when u just got ur car.And please dont tell me u think ur car can beat a str 4.But good kill.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Are you sure it wasn't an SXT? They do look very similair and some even have the dual exhaust.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
silver05srt4 said:
Yup here i am.Nah just playing but something does not seem right.Why would u race when u just got ur car.And please dont tell me u think ur car can beat a str 4.But good kill.
Why would you race when you first get your car? Are you serious or stupid? You gotta get over this SRT thing. It's a drivers race, we have Redline dynos here that have them putting 210+ to the ground. It's a driver's race.... dumbass...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Why would you race when you first get your car? Are you serious or stupid? You gotta get over this SRT thing. It's a drivers race, we have Redline dynos here that have them putting 210+ to the ground. It's a driver's race.... dumbass...
I agree it's a drivers race.
As far as the break in period,forget about it let her ripp.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I try to give it a few hundred miles, like 101.... I feel like I'm 'treating her right' on the first date! ;)

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sp00ner said:
I try to give it a few hundred miles, like 101.... I feel like I'm 'treating her right' on the first date! ;)
Screw that rape her soon as ya get her and show her whos boss

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah the whole baby a new car thing is in the past. That had something to do with old piston ring tech the rings had to form to the cylender walls or something. The best way to break in a new car is to drive the piss out of it. I read an artical on this awhile back I will try to find it.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I still prefer to be nice to cars for at least a thousand miles. That's like a month. No big deal, unless you're a ricer and/or trying to compensate. What do you have to prove 5 minutes after you pull out of the dealer's lot? I mean seriously? Why race a new car the moment you get it? Cars are like women. If you **** on the first date, that's as good as it gets. But if you take a while to get to know her, you find out things that you would never even have guessed on the first date.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
It's not something to prove, it's playing with a new toy. Cars are big toys to me, and if you can't play with it out of the box, it's no fun! I did keep it sane for a while, like 500 miles. I still got on it a bit before that, but I tried to keep it under 5500 rpms or so. Tried not to hammer it every day, etc...

·
Registered
243 Posts
I kept mine under 80 mph for the first 3 miles. After that I drove in any style that suited me, though I did try to keep the RPM's down for the first 1000 miles.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well after reading that handy article posted by Mike (and not his redline contrary to popular belief...... get it? mikesredline?...... oh forget it) it seems to make more sense that getting on an engine early is a good thing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Redliner said:

Hey, I love Redlines and everything... but Trans-Ams and Camaro SSs are very hgard to beat. My brother has a Firbird V6- VERY FAST. Did it have exhaust like my brother's?

Anthony

Attachments

1 - 20 of 122 Posts