Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Well I step on the gas and it was like I had one cylinder running. No Power max speed of 40mph. What the Hell! I got it home good thing I was not to far away. It would not rev about 4000 both engine lights are on. Hmmm anyone else have this problem. Saturn Emergency road side service is picking it up in the morning. This is really pissing me off. 3 cams sensors and now this. Time for a new Redline. I have 12000 on it and its was going in Wed for a oil change? By the way its rattling when you rev it up to about 3000. k;jsf;ljks;ljsd. I could not say anything nice lol

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope this was after driving about 3 miles and then it start to do this

B

·
0 Posts
I heard something about this problem a while back from my Father. I was wondering if it was going to show up here. I think it has something to do with the supercharger. I'm not sure though. I'll ask my Dad.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Well in a few years when i get mine hopefully they will have all the bugs worked out of it by then.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mine did it twice. They ended up replacing the ECU. Hasn't done it since. It goes into some kind of limp mode, which is supposed to allow you to drive it to a service center without damaging the engine. Only problem was, there was nothing wrong with the engine to set it off.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
SaturnI0Nredline said:
:( Well I step on the gas and it was like I had one cylinder running. No Power max speed of 40mph. What the Hell! I got it home good thing I was not to far away. It would not rev about 4000 both engine lights are on. Hmmm anyone else have this problem. Saturn Emergency road side service is picking it up in the morning. This is really pissing me off. 3 cams sensors and now this. Time for a new Redline. I have 12000 on it and its was going in Wed for a oil change? By the way its rattling when you rev it up to about 3000. k;jsf;ljks;ljsd. I could not say anything nice lol
When you say both lights, do you mean the reduced power light was on? That is in the far right corner, looks like and engine with a downward arrow. If that light came on make sure you tell the dealership about it. They may not check for it unless you let them know

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Question

Well My Dealership has my car and they think it is a massflow sensor? So they ordered one. Should be in tomorrow morning :) . So I'm driving a rental F150 Crewcab. Man this thing sucks gas. Yes, I did tell them about the reduced power light. I hope they get it fixed in the morning. I need my car!!! Going thur withdrawl pains. lol.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
update

Well they install the MF sensor and now are replacing that catalitic converter. Well Since I had the no start problem with the cam sensor. They found out my convert was pluged. No power. I have to wait another day for them to fix it.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
man that sucks i hope my car never gets taken from me ever unless to give it more power and i will be doing that work my self for the most part

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good News

After 3 days at the shop I final have my car back. It running good and I was looking really bad to make a kill on the way home but no one want to play today :( . Maybe tomorrow.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not my week

Ok I got my car back and on the way home today guess what. Dam it if someone hit me. Back to the shop. Well its not bad I will get the new 05 rear bumper hehehehe. They guy just hit me hard enought and clip the right side of the rear bumber. Argh. oh well new 05 bumber thats the good news I tell you the cost later. I GOT MY KILL TODAY TO a Chevy S10 Extreme smoke is loud truck. I could hardly here my car do to his noise buck it. I think I almost feel alseep smoking his rear end. lol

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Hmmm....

I just got my Redline 5 days ago, twice now, when the revs were showing about 6K and on the rise, the car straight shut down. I've read enough to know that the stock tach is a bit slow so I assume that I bounced off the limiter. Has this happened to anyone freakin else?? The second time it happened that car sounded like it had a blown engine when I was trying to crank it over. Took the key out, popped the hood, didn't touch anything, shut the hood. Figured I'd give it one more shot and call the dealer, car started right up idled strange for about 2 min, died once. Started it back up, drove down the street, at stoplights the idle was bouncing between like 300ish and 900ish. Let the car sit in my driveway for 2 hours, started up and drove PERFECT.... I feel like I reset the computer, or something.... I'm going in tomorrow to give the down payment, and I'm gonna have them look at it, but since it runs perfect now I'm not really sure what to have them look for. Maybe just check the trouble codes through the computer?? Any advice would be much help. I have lots of experience with cars, non-computerized ones primarily, but this was just weird to me...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

B

·
0 Posts
I still have that "bouncing" idle and my car has almost 5000 miles. It's kind of annoying to say the least. I have had it stall on me on occasion. :mad:

Actually, I just got my car back from the shop(dealer) because of a faulty EPS module(or whatever you call it). They had to replace the whole steering column. It ws pulling to the left, bad. I thought it was my alignment. Thank goodness for the warranty. ;)

This was the third time being in the shop in a little over 6 weeks, since I've had the car. :confused:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sp00ner said:
I just got my Redline 5 days ago, twice now, when the revs were showing about 6K and on the rise, the car straight shut down. I've read enough to know that the stock tach is a bit slow so I assume that I bounced off the limiter. Has this happened to anyone freakin else??
Yep that what happen to me to start this thread. I had the same problem the day before hit 6000 and the engine shut off. I tried to restart at 60mph and nothing. So I shut it completely off and restarted it and it cranked right up. Then the next day I was around 3 or 4000 rpm and the engine light came on and reduced power engine light came on. I limped the car home at about 20 to 30mph. Had the car hauled in and they found the Mass Flow sensor died and Catylitic Converter pluged. So now that its fix I have some moron hit me the day after I get it out of the shop. About 1000 in damage not to bad.

here are the codes I had P0068 and P0101

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Guess what...

Well, just got off the phoen with the Saturn Techs, and guess what... I have a cam sensor that needs to be replaced.... and a software update for the computer... sound familiar to anyone??? Is there anyone else having this trouble? The guys at Saturn said that this is not the most uncommon thing to have happen. So anyone else out there that is having ANY trouble starting in the morning, I suggest you head down to Saturn and tell them to check you car!! Don't wait!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 22 Posts