Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the mall Friday with my buddy vince & it was raining, and I noticed little oil swirls coming out from under my car. Sure enough, when I got home about 2 hours later, there was oil sitting under my car (it'd stopped raining), and there were other various oil spots sitting in places where I'd parked. Turns out it'd been leaking for a couple days, so I parked it for the night (I had to go to prom). Turns out it was down about 3 quarts :eek: We put oil in it, and I drove it last night to a party; lost another quart last night, and i'll probably lose another quart today. Fortunately I was scheduled for the cam shaft sensor, and I bought the 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 so I'll just be keeping the oil topped off until I take it in on Monday morning, but still, it sucks.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could VERY well be it - there's a small oil spot on the passenger side of the block, right where the head connects to the block. That makes perfect sense. Well, it's going to the dealer on Monday.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
venom - did they say what the problem was, by any chance? And how much oil were you losing?

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Same as you only 80 miles on the car when it happened, I was bout to cry :( but i took it to em they said it was the seal for the (cam recall) it had a crack/hole in it to create the leak!
they replaced it 3hrs l8 shes better than ever ;)

gl bro hope ya get it fixed

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:) Thanks Venom, that takes a load off my mind. 3 hours to fix . . . better pick up the new issue of Maxim before i take it in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
yep just make sure you make an appointment or they will problly make u leave it overnight like me "smacks head" :rolleyes: i got so freaked out i hit ghost to saturn asap and was like drop everything my babys is bleeding (not exactly like that) but you get point but i work night shift woke up round 2pm eastern they said it was done i was like already! :cool:

GL bro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts