Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

My Redline

5K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  1Redline 
#1 Β· (Edited)
what ya think?

rebadged with these decepticon emblems i found on ebay and these letters i got from advanced auto parts(lol) and painted them flat black ( thinking about removing the letters and replace them with pos saturn or pos satty cause im sure thats what everybody says when they see it. or no letters at all)

just painted this yesterday, needs to be redone but ok for now

aftermarket tail lights i found through a google search lol. i wanted to go for the black headlights and taillights but didnt want the smoked/blacked out ones that everybody else has

painted my headlights myself thanks to a how to thread on here, kudos (lenses need sanding)

ricey i know. :FRO:

See less See more
#2 Β·
So you're chronicling how you're ruining a Red Line?

The only thing I agree with is lowering it, since they have horrible wheel gap stock.

Visual mods around here usually consist of removing things, not adding 'em. (debadging, hiding the antenna, maybe going with no spoiler at all.)

There IS an annoying trend of painting the vents & stuff red so there are a few visually impaired guys here who might appreciate that.

The best thing you can do, assuming you don't total it in the coming months, is ask yourself, "how can I make my car look like it DOESN'T belong in Fast & Furious?"

#6 Β·
i get where your coming from and i added those letters and badges around a month after i got it and theyre not that appealing to me anymore. and im definetly a lot more careful how i treat it now a days, it hasnt gone over 55 mph in a about a month now that i think about it

#5 Β· (Edited)
i did the headlights and thanks, and i dont think the original owner acknowledged the recall cause theyre no lights but i havnt messed with them so they could be under the paint. and the decepticon logos and lettering ive been debating taking off cause they look a little flamboyant

thanks for the welcome. your headlights are sick btw, you make them yourself?

#9 Β· (Edited)
it was dirty in that front picture but the grey paint is coming off cause the previous owner that did it just painted over the original paint

and thanks. after i took that pic i went back to give it one last coat to touch it up in some spots but the paint was about out so it just ended up splatter think drips all over it so i have to sand and repaint

#10 Β·
Welcome to the forum redwhine.. I dont really mind the emblems or whatnot, id just suggest getting some lowering springs just because the stock suspension is seriously high in general.. do what makes ya happy despite what we say.. in my honest opinion, its not my real place to say what looks good or what doesnt.. ppl probably look at my bronze rims and are like wtf? a motherfreaker driving a ferrari probably wouldnt even take a piss in my car, let alone a dookie.. our cars were made pretty much to compete with 'mostly' foreign tuner cars.. its kind of an oxymoron when we call anything rice in a foreign inspired american tuner car.. but anyway most ppl on here really mean well.. good luck with the redline.. theres a lot of useful info on here..

#11 Β·
Thanks for the welcome. I definetly want to get some lowering springs but I want to ask around and see what brand can provide a real smooth ride quality if at all possible but a super noob to car customization so I'm clueless. Plus I'm on a seriously tight budget so I want to do all the work myself to save some bread and get done experience. :stickpoke

#12 Β·
For the price, TEINs arent a bad choice.. thats what i'm running right now.. you can usually pick up a set on ebay pretty reasonable.. I 'obo'd' a mofo down to like 130 shipped or something for mine.. installation wasnt bad.. you just have to be careful with the spring compressor.. its dangerous if you're an idiot.. ive done it a few times but i encroach upon near idiot level when i use it and its still not THAT bad.. if you take it to be done, theyll try to rape you.. its a decent drop and decent ride.. dont expect to be slammed but as compared to what the ride height is stock.. its a good drop for the money.. there are a few more options but i cant really comment on them since ive never used em.. (id also suggest a second person to help if its your first time) theres like a noob thread somewhere on here for FAQs and whatnot.. most common questions have been answered.. and answered.. and answered.. but feel free to ask!

#13 Β·
Thnx for info. how much of a difference in. ride quality did they make compared to original ( daily driving ) and how much lower should I expect out to drop? I like some that I can still drive on the shitty roads in town but low enough that out doesn't look like a hoopty. 3" to 4" inches from the ground would be ideal

#16 Β· (Edited)
what ya think?

rebadged with these decepticon emblems i found on ebay and these letters i got from advanced auto parts(lol) and painted them flat black ( thinking about removing the letters and replace them with pos saturn or pos satty cause im sure thats what everybody says when they see it. or no letters at all)

just painted this yesterday, needs to be redone but ok for now

painted my headlights myself thanks to a how to thread on here, kudos (lenses need sanding)

ricey i know. :FRO:
:::UPDATE:::
washed before i amour alled the shit out of it
Teins on for about 3 months now. love the ride but left side sits and a half inch higher and i could use another inch and a half on both sides but o well, and they seem a bit loud 0.o
took all the emblems back off and removed "gay ass" spoiler lol
blue dome and bass lights

#18 Β·
going red next...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.