Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I was sitting at a red light on Thanksgiving and was hit on the driver's side. The person who was at fault has Allstate - they just want to total my RL without even looking at it. I know it is because Saturn isn't around anymore. "Market value" means nothing, and of course they couldn't give a crap of the rarity of the car.

The car is driveable, and there is no way I am going to hand over the title for a couple thousand dollars. I would like to take the car home and try to fix her up.

My question is, would the Ion coupe have the same doors, in order to replace my RL's?

Also, has anyone else been in this type of situation?

Any fast feedback would be appreciated, thanks!

· Super Moderator
1,893 Posts
Yes, the doors will interchange. Side skirts are different though. But will physically bolt up

· Registered
2004 Saturn Ion Redline
116 Posts
Hey all, I was sitting at a red light on Thanksgiving and was hit on the driver's side. The person who was at fault has Allstate - they just want to total my RL without even looking at it. I know it is because Saturn isn't around anymore. "Market value" means nothing, and of course they couldn't give a crap of the rarity of the car.

The car is driveable, and there is no way I am going to hand over the title for a couple thousand dollars. I would like to take the car home and try to fix her up.

My question is, would the Ion coupe have the same doors, in order to replace my RL's?

Also, has anyone else been in this type of situation?

Any fast feedback would be appreciated, thanks!
Most of the exterior body panels are direct swap with the exception of the Redline stuff. I mean bumpers and side skirts will swap over but they are not the same and wont look right.

Dealing with insurance companies and these cars are nightmares and I hope I never have that happen. I try to limit my driving in both of my Redlines. A member from the FB groups shared a similar story with State Farm (I have them) the other driver was at fault and they wanted to total out his Redline. He fought with them for 6 months because they refused to recognize Redline being anything more than a base model Ion and would only pay 600 dollars. He took them to court and eventually won his claim and they were ordered to pay over 4k on his claim.

I really wish there was a way for companies to see the Redline is a different car from the base model Ion. With the Redline being so underground nobody knows or even cares about the existence of the car. I'm glad to see you're gonna keep yours alive, with the 6000 production numbers I can only imagine how many are left in existence. Almost everyday I see partouts in the groups and think "there goes another one"

· Registered
80 Posts
This definitely sucks man. I was always worried about some jerk hitting my redline because the blue book is usually only around $2500 . The redline is definitely undervalued by most. Maybe in another 15-20 years that could change once it becomes an antique or whatnot. Luckily I sold mine for $5k and switched to a supercharged V8. Good luck to you sir.

· Registered
1,390 Posts
I don't know how original you want your parts to be but I have an o.e.m. vojified and packaged driverside side skirt unpainted. I'm almost afraid to ship it seeing it the only o.e.m. boxed side skirt I know of. Yes you can use regual ion and even a used one and paint it just a suggestion.

· Registered
Red 2006 Saturn IRL Comp
16 Posts
@SPLREDLINE Thats a gem you have there lol

Just a side note, but usually the junkyard finds regarding sideskirts are totalled because those geniuses lift the car up with a forklift and inevitably shatter both of them when they do..always good to find a part out with good skirts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts