Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today I sat around and tinkered with my new pods and my raptor shift light. this is what i got done today and im pretty satisified with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
BlackLine said:
well today I sat around and tinkered with my new pods and my raptor shift light. this is what i got done today and im pretty satisified with the results.
Nice spot! I'll have to steal that one.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
That looks good, what gauges are you putting in there?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Damn you did that before me!! Oh well, at least I know what it's going to look like now. Good stuff man!

·
Registered
493 Posts
BlackLine said:
Sweet, nice job on the locations. By the way, have you used the shift light yet? If you think its as good as i do you should definately let everyone know. Personally i think it's the best shift light you can buy for the Red Line. Easy install, easy programming, accurate readings, and a reasonable price. I mean, how can you go wrong? :D

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the light wasnt more than 80 bucks, do a seach for raptor performance, the fbody guys say its the best light on the market and by looking at it they are right.

as for the install i know the tach signal is the green and white wire coming off the coils but is there a ign power i could tap into around that same area??

·
Registered
629 Posts
i got a proform shift light and i cant get it to work . idno

·
Registered
493 Posts
BlackLine said:
the light wasnt more than 80 bucks, do a seach for raptor performance, the fbody guys say its the best light on the market and by looking at it they are right.

as for the install i know the tach signal is the green and white wire coming off the coils but is there a ign power i could tap into around that same area??
I couldn't find one, so i just used the fuse for the ignition. Heres some pics and instructions:Shift Light Install.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
What are the chances of you filming a short video clip of the light in action?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Could you share the info on where you got the cups from?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Ok, that is cool as hell... me likey... I am sold...

What shift point did you dial in?
What two gauges are you going to put in the pod?
Hmmm... lemme guess... Boost and Tach (real, not the .5 second delay from the dash?)
I would love to see an A/F mix one, but those are so damn expensive.

I am thinking about taking my radar detector apart and making it a remote one, soder an IDE or a FDC ribbon (Basically the long flat ribbons for computers) onto it so i can have all the buttons (pwr, vol, city, etc) in the door handle, and put the display in the stupid "ION" insert looking thing near the hazard lights (and your shifter)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the cups are autometer pedistal mounts, i had to finish paint them to the flat black paint on our dash. i gauges are the ones in my 2 pod on my a piller boost and air fuel. shifting is going to be set at 6400rpms and the raptor lets you go in 100rpm increments.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Sorry to be such a pain, but could you post the exact part # for the mounting cups BlackLine... or just PM me please. Thanks, I appreciate it!

·
Registered
493 Posts
BlackLine said:
shifting is going to be set at 6400rpms and the raptor lets you go in 100rpm increments.
That's too close to the red line. The best place to put it is 6200. I tried every 100 rpm increment between 6 and 65, and that was the best one for me. But i know for sure that if you put it at 64 you will definitely smack the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
617 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Hey Blackline, did you you have to make any modifications to make the shift light fit like that? That looks really nice. It looks like it is supposed to be there, and thats what I like. Thanks!
Adam

1 - 20 of 55 Posts