Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok a couple summers ago me and my cousin bought this.... http://www.mrdyno.com/
it's just like the original G-Tech only you can log stuff and it puts out dyno graphs also on the PC we bought it before all the fancy G-tech ones were out.

Anyways since im making an intake soon i figure i should do a couple stock runs. i did 2 0-62mph runs and how i did it is i went to 3k slowly in first gear then shifted to 2nd and floored it. This is how you get the most accurate dyno reading. Anyways

First run got 172.6hp and 168.7trq
Second run got 171.0hp and 168.0trq

These are real world numbers so thats problably why there so low and its a stupid little black box....but it is consistant so when i make the intake ill do the runs at the same place and see if those numbers change at all.

And on a side note I did a 3rd run from 0-62 (forgot to change to 60) and did it in 6.39 seconds......the HP and Trq figures for that run was 189.3hp and 185.9trq.....thats why you can't floor it through first and second your numbers will almost always be way different to to wheel hop and a lot of vibration.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
ummm... is this an actual dyno, that measures at the wheels or is it something you plug into the cpu of your car?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
sounds to me like you just plug it in. I wouldn't go by that for what the car really has but if he's building an intake you'll be able to get an idea of a percentage increase. I can't wait to see the final product.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Yea it doesn't show what the car really has but if i use the same thing it will show an improvement. I just did it on my fiance's 93 Civic Ex and in the dyno graph you can actually see when it hit's vtec it goes up like 4 or 5hp so the thing is pretty cool. It gave the Civic 80hp to the wheels and like 73trq. I put the ZC header on her car it's a lot better then the Z6 one and a short ram intake. The motor has 140,xxx miles on it. So you figure it's prob around 90-95 to the wheels.

The big dips are when i shifted and you see around 45mph the jump in HP thats when i hit Vtec in second gear pretty cool huh.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts