Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My street racing days are over, i'm hanging up my street racing spurs. No more for me. I had one close call and i'm done, i'll take this as my queue to stop. Refer to post below for my information about what happened. Once agian, I will say I am one lucky mofo!

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065

·
Registered
272 Posts
i think thats a very wise idea...i have had some close calls myself and it truly isnt worth it...good work dude...

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah RedlineRACER, i've been doing this for about 3 years now. Racing people in city streets, going to this get togethers around the bay area, and going to deserted backroads for road racing and never ever had a call this close with cops that could jepordize my license, car, and my criminal record. I've had a couple of close call accidents but that never really fazed me that badly. I'm never street racing agian, i'm now just going to go to the track!

·
Registered
258 Posts
My son still hasn't figured out at age 25, what you already grasp at 20! Be thankful the lesson did NOT involve someone getting hurt! Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I remember two years ago, the seen was really big, a local street racing spot
where over 50-60 of cars were racing until 3am in the morning, it was cool
until word got around and soon the cops were busting up the scene.
cool thing was the cops would come down and people would run like hell
and cars rushing out.
all the cops would do is scare everybody out of the area and leave, then
an hour later, folks would come back and start all over again.

That lasted for like three months and then the cops had finally shut down the
spot.

back then i HAD A '93 SATURN SOHC....93HP.....and racing anybody that
I could, it was all for fun.

but every man has to come to a point, and that point has come to you my friend, you have made a wish choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
can you get busted for just going to watch?
I would just like to see all the cars, park my car down the street somewhere.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Yes you can get busted. Guilty by association. I'll ask a few cop friends about the specifics but I think you will get ticketed for loitering at the least. After that you are free game. They can search you, your car, and anything else. And they will find something else. Just be carefull. In my area we stick to the same people and the same spots just so that the cops get used to us. And we behave. They can also ticket you for trespassing too, depending on where you are. Like a parking lot you don't own.

I stopped raceing myself. Last summer a kid installed NOS on his car. I think he was like 18. Didn't know what he was doing and couldn't handle the power. He puched the little red button and he lost it over some railroad tracks and then hit a tree. The car caught fire and the NOS tanks blew. All the fire fighters could do was watch it burn. After that the spot was shut down and no more street raceing is done by ANYONE who was there. If you can't keep it safe you shouldn't be doing it. Take it to the track.

·
Registered
556 Posts
dL_RL said:
My street racing days are over, i'm hanging up my street racing spurs. No more for me. I had one close call and i'm done, i'll take this as my queue to stop. Refer to post below for my information about what happened. Once agian, I will say I am one lucky mofo!

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1065

Great story! Sounds like it was an andrenaline high.

Not that I condone such behavior. ;)

·
Registered
681 Posts
The son of a lady I work out with asked me about something I hadn't heard of - her son was videotaping street racing in Philly, and when the cops showed up and started busting people, he and his friend were arrested, and his tape was taken as evidence against 28 other drivers...of course, those 28 drivers didn't appreciate that he had to release evidence on them for prosecution and he ended up with several dudes visiting his house threatening him - not cool.

HE ended up in jail for "participating in and condoning of street speed contests" - got a $1,000 fine and his license suspended for 6 months, and his car was 30 miles away...

The cops and judges figure, I guess, that if you take away the audience AND the drivers, there's nothing to race for.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Boy is that stiff, just for watching!!!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
They way one judge put it locally, it's like being at a party where a girl gets raped, and you don't do anything to stop it, you cheer the participants on. You're as guilty as the guys doing the criminal act.

His example is exceedingly severe, but the analogy is there, regardless.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
What cracks me up is the idiots that organize these things post the times, locations, and to some degree a description of the cars that will be there, names of people, etc... on an online forum. DUH! How stupid do people have to be??? Then people wonder how the cops found them. Not to mention, the loud stereos, bright neons, loud exhaust, makes no sense to me. Drug dealers are watching from across the street and saying to themselves: 'Damn, these fools don't know nothin about keep a low profile...'

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
A good way to get away with a street race is only race hybrids. The cops wont know your racing from the speeds and acceleration, wont hear you, and wont care becuase you look like an idiot for the race.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here in Colorado: Street racing is illigeal, participating or spectating WILL result in 12 point ticket, revokation of liscence for a period of up to 1 year (this means no RED liscences either, and you have to reapply for one at end of year), impounded vehicle (if anywhere near site, whether racing or not), fines up to 1000.00 (on top of the fines accoc'd with the 12 point ticket), and up to 1 year in jail as well as state mandated driving school(s). It is considered a Felony, and will stay on your record for 20 years.........How's that for F'd up?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Oh yeah, almost forgot.....IF you are found guilty, they can auction off your car to pay for the cost of taking you to court, and the balance goes to a victims assistance fund, and a fund set up for people who are involved in wrecks in CO, like uninsured motorists............Really hose you here, however, in SanDiego CA, they can do all of this if you vehicle is deemed to be modded illeagally and intended for use in street racing, this is on the website for streetracing.com I believe.....

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Man, I've been to Colorado a few time, where the hell do people street race? I guess there are plenty of flat areas, I'm thinking of western and southwestern Colorado mainly. I could see people street racing though those mountain roads near Telluride, ya know the ones with no guard rail and a thousand foot drop off the edge. Not to mention the blind curves that lead you headfirst into people. No wonder they have such a strict set-up.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
541 Posts
Dude........There are the eastren plains....lot's of flat land, plenty of site lines. Out by the old airport (stapleton), out by the new air port, any county roads south and east of Denver. Peublo and CO Springs have BIG time racing.......For imports........

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yep, I spent lots of time near Sterling, CO, when I was in the Air Force - there are several missile sites near there - nothing but high plains, flat land, some rolling hills, etc.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts