Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed a sub in my Redline. The advance audio was nice, but we all could use a little more bass...right? I am going to add some neon to it later.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Fucking tight!!!!!

Did you make that box yourself??? Awesome man, simply awesome. Great job.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, thanks! Glad you all like it.
Yes I built it myself, with a little help from a friend.

·
Registered
355 Posts
can you build more!! I would love to have that.

Except I want mine in the spare well.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
macncheese said:
that is really CLEAN. i like it a lot. very nice job. question, though. where did you get that metal plate that says "saturn?"
tony
No metal plate. It's cut out of wood, coated with a thin layer of fiberglass (for the smoooooth look) then painted with chrome paint.

·
Registered
272 Posts
weight?

how much does your subwoofer weigh...i want to add more bass..but i race and a box equals more weight equals slower time...how much to most woofers weigh..10s and 12s..what kind of system thats easy on the wallet would u reccomend if i can keep the weight down?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Easy on the wallet? Depends on what you are looking for. Sound, just like extra speed, does not come cheap if you want quality. Simplest thing would be to replace all speakers with a good set of componets. Put them on a small 4 channel amp and your highs will be in much better shape. If it's bass that you are looking for, well then get a bazooka tube is weight is a restirction. Plus, that would be about the cheapest thing that you could do. Take an 8" powered tube and strap it down. Should run anywhere from $100-$200 tops. If you want more noise, it's going to cost more money.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
redlineRACER said:
how much does your subwoofer weigh...i want to add more bass..but i race and a box equals more weight equals slower time...how much to most woofers weigh..10s and 12s..what kind of system thats easy on the wallet would u reccomend if i can keep the weight down?
If you set up your box and amp correctly, you can just unplug, and remove them when it's time to race. All you need to do is bolt it down with something easily removeable, and then make sure that your connections are setup to handle being connected and disconnected alot.

One 10" or 12" and a decent amp is good for most people, I'd say that it can't weigh much over 20-30 lbs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
im not a man who likes systems usually, im more into speed than sound but seeing this box makes me want to copy that style, its so unique and clean! great job

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
redlineRACER said:
how much does your subwoofer weigh...
I would say my 10" Sub, 2 channel Amp & box is very close to 50lbs. If weight is really an issue then I would like to add 1 thing to what rlinbatonrouge said: The more $$$ you spend the heavier the sub, because of the bigger magnets on the sub. Cheap subs don't weight much at all but you can't get the bass out of them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
simo said:
im not a man who likes systems usually, im more into speed than sound but seeing this box makes me want to copy that style, its so unique and clean! great job
I use to really be big in car audio. But now that I am older I could really care less and the advance audio system was plenty enough for me nowdays. But I had this amp and sub laying around the house and figured I should do something with it. My plans was to put it in my truck but I was easier to put it in the car (battery, and all audio wires already in trunk :) ;) :) )<---that was the easiest install I have done for years! I figured I had to build something that was going to look good to put in it, the car is too nice to just throw an cheep ugly unfinnished box in it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts