Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as most of u know i went to saturn today to get my car looked at and attempt to get the new program, well here is my story and watch out its a long one

Ok got there talked to service adviser about the bulletin and she said that she could not just do it there had to be a reason to do it, i was like "ok i guess so" well than she takes down what i say is wrong, basically rite off the TSB. she is like ok well i will tell the service guy

so i go sit down and like 45min later she comes and gets me tells me that the code for the bank 1 being rich and that she reset the comp to factory specs (im thinking great) well than she talks to me about my boost gauge im like its a mech boost gauge it will in no way affect the engine, (secretly i know why its messed up (because i did the vac line mod) but not gonna say that, i am just like well i will see how it works with the comp reset and come back another time, she than offers me a free car wash i was like "SURE"

sit around for another 15min car clean now tho

we then pop the hood because my air filter slid off a little bit so she points that out im like must of just happened (prob you guys did it not gonna say that tho) and she tried to tell me that the vac line was aftermarket because it was "to soft" and than she tried to tell me that the boost control solnoind was aftermarket, i looked at her like she was crazy and was like NO WAY, i admited to the boost gauge Tfitting and the airfilter that is it "i have done nothing else to the car" :D

so on a good note my car seems to have the 40 horses i was missing from running rich and i got it washed for free but i just did not like that lady she was crazy that is why they should ask u how much you know about cars and if you know enough you should be able to talk to the person who actually knows how to work on a car and not some lady to dumb down the stuff the mechanic says

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Lol i feel you man. This mite be a stupid question but when everyone is talking about how that got all these codes and stuff and a bank running lean how do they find it is it a special program or does it show up on the dash or what, like i said sorry if it sounds like a stupid question.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no man its reasonable question

some of the bigger codes will show up on the dash but like mine never did the only way u can find out is by sitting down with your car for a nice dinner and talking about how it feels, OR u could take it to saturn and have then run a diagnostic on it

i also believe autozone and other car parts stores do it for free... someone confirm this for me i actually want to get that done to see what comes up kinda double check saturn

·
Registered
86 Posts
yes. autozone and advance auto both do.all they do is hook the obd2 scanner up and it tells you if there are any codes.it takes about 2 min and it's free.be carefull though because some people will not erase them unless you ask them to and some wont erase them at all, they say you need to take it to a dealer.if that happens just go to a different store.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
anywhere around me they make you do it yourself, not a problem though, you just follow what they tell you and you're good to go.

so all they did was reset the codes? seems like they would want to find out what's wrong, they've had my car for going on two weeks now...

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thats pretty cool though I wouldn't actually install it in the car. To cheesy lookin

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
you guys should check out mp3car.com, they've got a section dedicated to OBDII. it's what i'm going to do. hook up a carputer, run the OBDII so that i'll always know what's up, and will be easy enough to tune, not to mention having the carputer as a slave for music and running GPS! pretty cool site, lots of info for anyone interested

1 - 10 of 10 Posts