Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ill be posting pics as i get stuff done on the system. these are fiberglass of course. similar in design to oem i want to keep it sorta factory looking ... very clean inside. ill finish the other side this weekend then i start on the outside mirrors. they are getting monitors in them instead of the glass thats there now.....

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wait till i get to the trunk ......... man do i have some crazy shit going on back there. that will not be "clean" that'll be crazy. i just want the interior to remain clean looking....

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Sweet,Looks nice!Can't wait to see what you got in store for the trunk:cool: Are you gonna do SBN/Tuner Bash this year? I was thinking it might be a good meet for everyone here. I know some show car audio people there...Dave Rivera Jeremy Jason Tom...all those guys at Metra... I was thinking about doing somethin' more with my system and going down this year.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
tell those bastards at metra to make a god damn installation kit for the 06 ions.. i've about had it with this stock BS and they are dragging their asses on coming out with one

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill call my budds at metra on on for you. ill see if i can get a 06 here and make the prototype kit for them....ive done that before for other cars..ill see what i can do for you..

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
crazybrew609 said:
tell those bastards at metra to make a god damn installation kit for the 06 ions.. i've about had it with this stock BS and they are dragging their asses on coming out with one
Are the 06's different from 04-05's? I've never seen an 06 yet. Also do you need a dash kit or a harness, or both(turbokit). If you're just trying to mount a deck it shouldn't be too difficult to fab up some brackets for iso mount.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no watts completly different and you cant just mount it iso in the new ones. ive installed a couple in the 06 ions already and what i do is use a mustang pocket kit from like the 03 model, and some textured black abs and some ca glue w/activator and glue the abs over the front of the mustang pocket (for strength) then fill the seams with some more ca glue. once the is done i make a small slit in the sides of the mustang pocket to slide in some back strapping. ca glue that in place and also put 2 small screws in to hold it while it dries. sand the whole thing down re-texture it, re-dye it. you cant tell its not factory but i have to charge $$$ for it since it takes forever to do..... ill make one as soon as i get another one in and i can send it off to metra if no one else has yet they will use it to make a mold for a kit. i have sent them other ones which they used before, and also american international....

im gonna make a mold of these pods before install so i can pretty quickly pop a few out for those that want them. should be like oh i dont know maybe 50$ or so for the pair im geussing, once i see how much time i have in them ill know for sure. these are aimed with sq in mind i spent a lot of time making sure these were "properly" aimed...... i used a full mic setup to do this.

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Ahh I see what your saying about the kit,I assume Scoche doesn't make one either? I had do do the same and make my own custom kit for my old SL1 when I had the Clarion deck with the motorized dual face plate. It wouldn't clear and I had to cut the kit all up,then rebuild it with vette panel adhesive and glue and all that...

Are those the Image enhancement tweets from CDT? I used to have a pair of them a long time ago,I still have the x-overs with the extra tweeter out and the L-pad.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Are thise Clif Designs? If so I had these as my components and coaxials in my SL1 powered by a Autotek Mean Machine. Unbelievable sound quality. Looks sweet.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope they are the e0-7 series cdt tweeters... the ones that come with the 1400$ component set.....they come with three domes .. silk, aluminum, and titanium and you can change them around any time you want to.....

clif stuff is pretty nice the old stuff was the shit...(old clif WAS who cdt is now after clif sold out cdt was created.....) the new comp is owned by anaba i.e. m.a. audio.... they make all the clif stuff now...

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well here it is finished factory matched textured and all.. what do you think .... look oem???

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks very nice Z...

What type of paint / texturing material did you use? I am glassing in my guage pod to my A-Pillar and that has been a delimma. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
12,221 Posts
Good job man,I like the oem stealth look. Are the cup parts mdf? You gonna mount the midbass in the floor,kickpanels,or oem location in the door?

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
it is sem texture spray thats the actual name of it.... then i used a flexible bumper low gloss black over that. it matches almost exactly to the factory door panels actually better than the oem ones did.... no there is no mdf in there. i used abs heat formed it the a little fiberglass for shape and a skim coat of bondo and viola sand her down and yer done

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
http://www.sem.ws/product.php?product_id=145
here is the link for the texture paint....

oh and watts the e0-7 midbass will be glassed into the oem door panel again textured to look oem using the cdt grill but bonded into the panel again to look oem.. the cdt e0-7 4" mid will be in the floor kickpanels in the floorboards

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't have the advanced audio and I was looking at buying some of those from the dealership.

I will buy a set for sure.

count me in.:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts