Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
yea its in having some little probs with it but that is what you get with being the first, the 5v wire is the grey-blue wire not the green one. and little stuff like that but it is in the car and once it is up and fully running i will make sure to let u guys know

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
here is the scoop guys,

it is all installed physically, but it is not getting the correct reading from the map sensor, have checked all the wires with a multi meter and everything just not one that is working correct, so he is sending me a sensor that plugs into the controller and runs off the vac line for the boost gauge, as soon as i get that installed and worked out i will make sure to post the progress again.

any questions?

·
Super Moderator
4,617 Posts
navymitch12 said:
here is the scoop guys,

it is all installed physically, but it is not getting the correct reading from the map sensor, have checked all the wires with a multi meter and everything just not one that is working correct, so he is sending me a sensor that plugs into the controller and runs off the vac line for the boost gauge, as soon as i get that installed and worked out i will make sure to post the progress again.

any questions?
Sounds good. Can't wait for first impressions and power gains.

·
Registered
43 Posts
navymitch12 said:
here is the scoop guys,

any questions?
It's something to do with the Saturns TMAP sensor, it just won't read like a normal map sensor a 2bar MAP should read 2.5 volts at idle, his is reading over 3 which makes the controller think your into boost. Fortuatly the controller has a 5v output of it's own and lets you add a regular GM map sensor to any vehicle. This looks like a added part that will have to go with these cars because of the ECM.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
if that works, i am all over it....

NM, let us know when it gets all hooked up (and working)...

How much time to install? also how much $?

Does the IRL have a low washer fluid warning system? I know my SL's didn't, but a dodge stratus or intrepid (a rental... :) ), did

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
install time- going on 5 hrs now but that is because im the first person doing it and we have had some problems i would say it would be like a 2hr thing if u know what u are doing.

cost, well i will leave that up to dvldoc but with the new sensor you are gonna need i would guess just over 300

and no we do not have a low fluid level light

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Really no fluid light. That sucks man. But I cant wait to see dyno gains.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I don't need to see a dyno, albeit i love looking at them.... but i would like navymitch to share with the class any power differences he feels. Hmm.... at about 300, I would do it for aprox 8HP... going by my $35/HP current vehicle modification formula.

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
it should net more than that in fact. You can drop a tiny pulley on there as well now too. A smaller pulley like 3/3.25 and this kit will make the low end crazy like. Im in for a kit as soon as MavyMitch gets his fired up.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Yea this sounds like a really awesome mod :) I'd also be very interested in this once it gets up and working great!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
i cant believe you spelt my name wrong goofy, what the hell are u thinking. should be up in a week, i have to take the car to the dealer b4 i get it done want to bitch about a few things and than will finish the kit. also waiting for the extra part

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
you settle down the G-I Jimmy I dont need your crap either. Or I mean sorry man I type faster than my brain can think and words lose thier meaning. I want to hear some feedback on this ASAP before I come up there and just steal your car.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
steal it i dont think so goofy.

i will get you your comments asap dont u worry, and looks like june/july i am gonna get the chance to run next to a stock RL so we will get some good comparisons.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts