Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time here so I think it goes without saying that happy to find a forum on these cars! Happy because I've found little else in regards to mods or aftermarket stuff! At least here I might be able to catch wind of stuff if/when it comes out. Anyway, I just bought this thing last week. A silver 2004 Redline Ion, my first four cylinder! My last three autos all had V-8s, and I was hesitant about this buy, it being my first new car, but from the first test drive, I was hooked! I'm 22 and have limited income, but any advise on "small stuff" I can do would be awsome! Plugs, wires, filters, anything to make it "mine" so to speak, not to mention quicker and more responsive. Heck I've not found so much as fog lights I could mount on the thing! Any advice would be well appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
take care of her!

anyways, you could do the motor mounts, i don't think anyone has yet, check this out >>(never mind)

i'm sure you can find some info on the net about doing motor mounts with the fill, they would really help.

also look here >> DIY list

there should be some things there, i.e., ground wire install, that would be something you can do cheap.

AEM is going to have their intake on the market soon, so that will be a good one.

hopefully some headers specific for the RL will be out before spring, then it would be sensible to do a full exhaust (hopefully the headers will lead to a 3" outlet)

if you check out the michigan redline owners thread, there is a computer hack being worked on, hopefully upping the redline and improving the powerband.

ummm.... again, it's a very new car, so it may take a while for "brand name" stuff to come out, but the stuff above will help for now. enjoy the ride and be easy on her, you'll hopefully have it for a long time, so don't get too anxious to beat on her, she'll love you more if you wait till at least 2000 miles to really give 'er hell! some may say otherwise, but i say better safe than sorry!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
also, plug will probobly be useless, and we don't have wires for our cars, its coil on plug ignition! FYI

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upgrades

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I was also wondering if anybody makes a replacement for those cheap looking black inserts in the front bumper. I was wanting to put real mesh down there also in the center. This way, I could mount a ram air setup in the two corner openings, and put mesh in the center opening to protect the cooling elements form pebbles and debris. I'd also like to know more about the coil on plug ignition.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I purchased a stainless steel grill insert for the middle opening and have it installed. Real easy to do and it looks very nice. Got it from customcargrills.com

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did I break it??

I checked out that site for the grills and was disapointed to find that they only make a grill insert for the center, not the other four openings on the car! What gives? I was hoping to go for a more uniform look up front. Also, can anyone tell me if I sould exchange my Ion for another. Here's the thing. It now has a little over 600 miles on it and I've noticed a soft grinding noise after I engage a new gear and the only time I goes away is when I push in the clutch to shift. This car also happens to be my first stick, so It took me a couple of days to find the "sweet-spot", so I'm afraid I've been to rough to I during tro break-in period. Once again, any advise would be great!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts