Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

need help on exhaustt

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  i0n_grl 
#1 ·
i have a 2.2 saturn ion and i show it and everything, i want to finally get an exhaust.. i was looking at borla..but they dont make one other than a universal one.

i found this on the internet and its just piping
04-07 SATURN ION EXHAUST TUBING KIT

would using that and a borla muffler work?
idk much about exhausts so hopefully someone can help me out

#2 ·
A bunch of threads on Mandrel Exhaust...

I have it on my Redline the aluminized 2.5" Borla, 18" res. Sounds great picked up a couple mpg. I'm not sure with a 2.2 but on redlines you have to get single hanger. I had to unweld mine to get it to work right. However that was a few months ago and I emailed them.

http://www.redlineforums.com/forums/performance-modifications/45530-muffler-question.html

Post #10 (Tranced) has good videos that could show you how it sounds (borla). On the site it states it will fit the 2.2 so I assume it should. It's a very good price.

good luck

#6 ·
at first i found a magnaflow that i wanted cause i plan on getting the RK sport body kit and the magnaflow is a duel for the body kit..but now im really just not liking it at all haha

my one "fear" i guess you can say, is that im going to buy something and its going to end up sounding like shit. i try you tubing videos of 2.2 with exhausts and no matter what i type only 2.0 redlines or cobalts come up

#7 ·
I don't know how it would sound on a 2.2 but I know the gmpp exhaust sounds really nice on a redline... I think that would be your best bet... it's a little bigger than the stock 2.2 but not bigger than the rl, I think it's a good in between for an N/A... but that's just my opinion... I would also strongly suggesting you stay away from magnaflow...

#8 ·
Exhausts are tough on this platform. It normally comes down to personal preference. One person will say that an exhaust sounds good and the next person would say it sounds like crap.

Pretty much everyone agrees that the GMPP cat-backs sound good.

The only muffler I could recommend is one from Stainless works.

Stainless Works

Pyros777 installed on of those mufflers on his 3" CTI cat-back and here are the results.

^ All you hear is exhaust

After:

^ TVS whine, plus an incredible WHOOOOOSHHHHHHHHH sound from the exhaust.

I love it! The video doesn't really do it justice.

I must admit the old Magnaflow muffler sounded mean as hell, but sometimes you kinda get sick of scaring people on the morning commute at part-throttle or looking over your shoulder every time you decide to get a little spirited.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.