Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so i have a 2006 Saturn ion redline ChiliPepperRed with the comp 17s, all stock to the best of my knowledge.. Now to my problem ive noticed that the car would jerk a little to the left or right when i first purchased the car. Ive had it about 3months now and i decided it was a good idea to go drifting around on the ice from the "snow storm" we had here n texas... Long story short.. I put her into a curb n i bent the lower control arm by the ball joint at the bottom of rotor,(ON PASSANGER SIDE)& the back tire is also bent inward at the bottom. (Back tire seems to have no affect on driven or anything that i can tell)
Well i replaced the passanger side lower control arm and now if i floor it the car will jerk one way while the steering wheel will remain straight or turn the opposite way..( for example i floor it the car will jerk left and steering wheel will stay straight or turn to the right ) this jerking will happen randomly and at any speeds. I can be driven normally and it will still do it making it look as if im drunk or just cant drive.... Has ANYONE had this problem or know what could be wrong, or what i should check/replace?? Please help!! :killtard:

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Our cars are notoriously known for torque steer it may just be that. If you are on uneven road and you step on it the car will want to go one way or the other depending what side grips specially if non lsd. I lived in tx fer a few years I know how oily the roads get there.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Maybe you need the alignment done again

When I got my new tires they said you should get alignment

which I did not because I felt the car rode straight and what not

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Okay so i have a 2006 Saturn ion redline ChiliPepperRed with the comp 17s, all stock to the best of my knowledge.. Now to my problem ive noticed that the car would jerk a little to the left or right when i first purchased the car. Ive had it about 3months now and i decided it was a good idea to go drifting around on the ice from the "snow storm" we had here n texas... Long story short.. I put her into a curb n i bent the lower control arm by the ball joint at the bottom of rotor,(ON PASSANGER SIDE)& the back tire is also bent inward at the bottom. (Back tire seems to have no affect on driven or anything that i can tell)
Well i replaced the passanger side lower control arm and now if i floor it the car will jerk one way while the steering wheel will remain straight or turn the opposite way..( for example i floor it the car will jerk left and steering wheel will stay straight or turn to the right ) this jerking will happen randomly and at any speeds. I can be driven normally and it will still do it making it look as if im drunk or just cant drive.... Has ANYONE had this problem or know what could be wrong, or what i should check/replace?? Please help!! :killtard:
That rear torsion assembly is one solid piece, if you bent it it'll need to be replaced. idt it can be pulled straight.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I would start with your tie rods.. I would then triple check your steering gear while the car is parked and running turn the wheel all the way to one side and see if the wheels are turning together and evenly turn the opposite way to check the other direction.. Also check the steering shaft inside under the dash to make sure everything is tight... If you can't figure it out on your own take it in and prepare to part with some $$$.. Steering is very important (obviously) and should be fixed ASAP. keep this thread update with findings and results and be more careful when messing around with the car.. Also get an alignment AFTER you get this fixed

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. From my experience, it would pay to check the lower ball joint for any bends or distortion. The condition of the strut cartridge should also be verified. I have seen both of these situations lead to sudden changes in steering geometry during acceleration or turning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts