Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, it was dark and i only know for sure it was silver and not a really old car, but I am not up on my Hondas. There was much glowing going on inside from a plasma screen, radio head unit, neon tubes and such. Installed on back was the necessary grapefruit shooter, canted on an angle. While at the red light, he was beside me - one car back. We heard a noise that could have been a nitrous purge or one of those cheesey BOV noise generators. It really did sound like a BOV, but we were sitting still. I just took off like regular and he zig-zaged to get behind me and I was off I was well into 4th gear going into a banked turn when I slowed and tapped the brakes. He was way behind me, but on the charge. He comes within gawking distance and stays there (looking at he Red Line Badge :D )and then pulls in behind me. We go a little way and I turn towards my house and he follows so I stand on it and so does he. I am not losing him, but pulling on him to about 90 when I have to slow for a blind turn. I am not going to turn into my drive way so I pass it and he climbs up on my ass and throttle bops a few times, and then whips out and goes to pass me. I'm not going to race in front of my house so I turn on my T Signal and he takes the bait and turns down another long straight country road... I keep going straight and lose him.

My question is what can he have in that thing that from both of us turning at the same time, I did not leave him in the dust on the 90 MPH charge. I was a little surprised by that. Hondas baffle me as I know pretty much nothing about them. -BRL

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The Honda aftermarket is fucking HUGE, man!!!!

He could have had any number and combinations of things.

Shit, my neighbor used to have a Civic that would run consistant 10's in the quarter mile. There are a lot of ricers out there but occasionally you'll run into a REAL Honda tuner and he'll hand you your ass.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
JPK said:
The Honda aftermarket is fucking HUGE, man!!!!

He could have had any number and combinations of things.

Shit, my neighbor used to have a Civic that would run consistant 10's in the quarter mile. There are a lot of ricers out there but occasionally you'll run into a REAL Honda tuner and he'll hand you your ass.
Amen to that. I've seen some really fast Hondas, their aftermarket is huge and they make their cars so they're easy to tune; have you ever seen the engine bay of a Civic? TONS of room for turbos, S/C, all the go-fast goodies (unlike my friend's Celica, which has no room), but if you run into somebody who has money & wants their Honda to rip, it's bound to rip.

·
Registered
173 Posts
True Dat!:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Blu_Redline said:
OK, it was dark and i only know for sure it was silver and not a really old car, but I am not up on my Hondas. There was much glowing going on inside from a plasma screen, radio head unit, neon tubes and such. Installed on back was the necessary grapefruit shooter, canted on an angle. While at the red light, he was beside me - one car back. We heard a noise that could have been a nitrous purge or one of those cheesey BOV noise generators. It really did sound like a BOV, but we were sitting still. I just took off like regular and he zig-zaged to get behind me and I was off I was well into 4th gear going into a banked turn when I slowed and tapped the brakes. He was way behind me, but on the charge. He comes within gawking distance and stays there (looking at he Red Line Badge :D )and then pulls in behind me. We go a little way and I turn towards my house and he follows so I stand on it and so does he. I am not losing him, but pulling on him to about 90 when I have to slow for a blind turn. I am not going to turn into my drive way so I pass it and he climbs up on my ass and throttle bops a few times, and then whips out and goes to pass me. I'm not going to race in front of my house so I turn on my T Signal and he takes the bait and turns down another long straight country road... I keep going straight and lose him.

My question is what can he have in that thing that from both of us turning at the same time, I did not leave him in the dust on the 90 MPH charge. I was a little surprised by that. Hondas baffle me as I know pretty much nothing about them. -BRL
Do you know what year or generation prelude it was? The 5th and 4th gens with the h22 have 200 hp.. the 4th generation's weigh less than the 5th gens soo they are a little quicker.. im sure if one of them had some mods it wouldnt be too bad of a race..

·
Registered
30 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
Amen to that. I've seen some really fast Hondas, their aftermarket is huge and they make their cars so they're easy to tune; have you ever seen the engine bay of a Civic? TONS of room for turbos, S/C, all the go-fast goodies (unlike my friend's Celica, which has no room), but if you run into somebody who has money & wants their Honda to rip, it's bound to rip.
my friend s/c is celica GTS.. its pretty cool, but deffinitely not worth the 7k he paid for it.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
JPK said:
occasionally you'll run into a REAL Honda tuner and he'll hand you your ass.
My friend that I work with has a 97 Civic Hatchback with 318 hp. to the wheels. Not too bad for a little 1.6 litre. Best 1/4 mile time was 13 flat after burning through 3 gears on street tires.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.