Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I've been putting it off, but the K&N CAI arriving yesterday tells me it's time to take care of the Recall & TSB issues. First off, my ass is puckering because the guy scheduling had no idea that there was a recall for the Cam Pos. sensor and thought that I was misinformed. Bad MOJO rising. I then proceeded to tell him about my grooved rotors, extended cranking at times, jump in power at 4500 RPM in 2nd, hard starting sometimes in the cold, yada-yada. I'm not feeling the bend over backwards Saturn service I've heard about here. I mentiond something about wanting the newest GM ECU reflash that "my cousin in FL" got for his Red Line and you'd have thought I called his mom a bitch by the way he cold shouldered me. What kind of specific data is out there that I can print off and put in front of him to make sure he is up to speed?

PS I did a search, but did not find what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Yeah, I am sort of wondering the same thing. This coming tuesday I am schedule for this recall (I got the letter 2 days ago, when I told them about this and they FOUND the TSB # but yet it takes them 1.5 months to mail me...lol..oh well). I know the techs pretty good and I'll just kinda of mention things about the car (as they are interested in them) and ask if there is a ECU update since the car is so new the could always come up with better tunes (just trying to make him check, but not force him to do so...this seems to work better).

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Well, if you have the recall letter still that should answer any concern that they have over that matter. If not, I'm sure whoever is in charge of the Service Dept. will know about the recall. The only non-manager that I talked to at the Service Dept. also told me that Saab is not part of GM...

The ECU flash, according to WopOnTour, even the newest one, is not any different than the older one. He can answer it for you better, I know that he posted it around here somewhere... His basic point, was that if you got it flashed at all, it has the latest tunings for it. Even though the new 'flash' had a different number on it, the software was the same.

The rotors gouging... you should be able to get them to turn the rotors, or replace them, since it's not the pads. Alot of it's gonna depend on the service manager I think. Just try to get him face to face as soon as you head in there...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hmm, thats strage, last time I had my car in they tried "turning the rotors" as well... only to figure out that they are not "turnable" so I was yet out another day while they had to overnight a new set of front rotors.

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I was looking at how much metal has worn off the rotors, with 6k on them, and I can see that happening. That's why I think I'm just gonna get the aftermarket ones when I can... Maybe get the stock ones replaced, and then take 'em right off and use the aftermarket ones. That way I have a pair of brand new rotors if anything happens to the new ones...

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My only concern about the cam sensor seal fix is that they do it properly since there are not a lot of 2.0L SC engines out there to practice on. I was more concerned about the reflashing of the ECU to get better performance. I realize that "feeling smoother" and "seems to have better pick-up" in no way means that the ECU reflash did a damn thing. Butt-dynos are VERY subjective, to say the least. I might be wrong, but my initial impression of the service dept is they are geared for grey-hairs and their L-series cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.