Saturn ION RedLine Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I CANNOT get an image into my signature. Tried the BB/IMG code way, used the link for the pic, and everything, just getting NOTHING

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
I was trying to upload pics on Saturday and all i got when I clicked on the 'attach' button was an error page...

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
It's not an error page.

Today when I was bored I made up a banner for my sig (it's here ==>http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=showMyPhoto&albumID=314092977&photoID=314422313&security=XAoZgl) and was trying to put it into my signature but when I did the "" thing, all it showed was some damn little box with a red "x" in it. Any clue what I'm doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how you do the [img] tag inside of the forums. I haven't looked yet, which is strange since I'm an internet developer mainly, but did you have to include the complete image source in the [img] tag? For instance, if you do it for a regular old webpage, you would type [img src='http://www.mypics.com/mypic/mypic.pic']. The red x is usually indicitive of a missing source file. Either the source file dosen't exist in the path that you provided, or the source path cannot be reached for some reason.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know; I don't know if Webshots just doesn't want to share with me or what. Perhaps it is a problem with the hosting of the pictures. But when I was typing it in I tried using the "IMG" guide that comes up if you click "IMG Code on" down in the "posting rules section". Where can I host the pictures in hopes of them working?

·
Superd00d
22,040 Posts
Did you copy and paste your path to the pics while you were in the Webshots editing screen or something? The path to your signature is routing to some sort of 'Edit My Pictures' section, or something of that nature. If you right click on the x and choose 'Properties', you can see the URL that it is trying to pull the pic from. If it's not a jpg of gif file, chances are you have the wrong link to it. If I were posting a picture from work here, the address would be something like 'http://www.pk-research.com/sp00ner/MyDocuments/MyPictures/SpoonersCar.jpg'

It seems like you copied and pasted the link from an area that is not open to public viewing, since it's a .cgi file, it's probably some log-on screen, or something that needs a logon to allow access.

·
Registered
296 Posts
What is the file size and dimensions of your image?
Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 39.1 KB (whichever is smaller).
Also, this site doesn't permit gif images to be uploaded (at least not within the text portion). What is the graphics format? If gif, convert the image to jpg and then try the upload.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jmichna - no, not my avatar; my avatar is my little vibe. I'm talking about in the SIGNATURE. As in what goes down below all your posts, not under your name in the side bar.

Spooner - thanks for that tidbit; I'll try looking into it a smidgen further. However, when I tried it on a Cardomain picture, got the same results. *sigh* my battle continues

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Victory!!!

Muahahaha, I finally got it to work. Problem was where I was hosting the images; webshots hated me. Went to Photobucket? Worked no sweat. I'm enthralled. Thanks all who lent me some assistance. Now tell me what you think of the sig . . .

·
Registered
296 Posts
urbanmonkeygod04 said:
jmichna - no, not my avatar; my avatar is my little vibe. I'm talking about in the SIGNATURE. As in what goes down below all your posts, not under your name in the side bar....
In the immortal words of Homer J. Simpson... Doh!
:eek:

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jmichna - it's ok, don't feel bad. I still appreciate your willingness to help :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts